How many of you digital DJs never learned to use CDJs or TTs and can't beatmatch? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Did you learn to beatmatch on CDJs and or TTs and could you DJ a set with them alone?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have limited to no experience with beatmatching on CDJs/TTs

57 39.04%
  • I am comfortable DJing and beatmatching with CDJs/TTs alone

89 60.96%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

learned how to beatmatch on a ns7. does that count? never touched real turntables.

edit::::::ummm....=D. xonetacular, are you attacking digital djs. i know this is just a fair question, but i always get a feeling from your posts that you might be attacking us lol XD. not being mean just sayin'
    Last edited by BestLegsinHD; 01-02-2010 at 03:15 AM. Reason: editz

Pretty even so far lads. Interesting to see how this plays out.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

the voting is a bit black or white. haha, hell, I'm barely confident enough to perform with my controllers + traktor. take them away and gg. But I can still beatmatch in a bedroom situation?

Well to be honest i'm not that flash on the pioneers but can give it a go in a pinch. i just don't see the point in me burning off 20 tracks when i can sit there and drink letting my mates entertain us
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

i'm failing to see the reason to this thread? not the first one where the title has had 'you digital djs' in it - do you not consider yourself a digital dj xone? in which case what are your motivations for joining a site like djtt?
    it's like you're looking for some twisted sense of superiority because you still use tt/cdjs, i get that you're over the moon with your 1200 purchase a few weeks back, and you love you're cdj1000's, but dude stop f-ing showing off about it!!
    clearly your opinion that's being saved for later will be one of underhanded-condescending-mockery, as has been the case several times over.

anyway, this digital dj can beatmatch and mixed on tt/cdj for about 10 years.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Still a vinyl addict by heart, though the BCR2000 is my favoured tool.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Well to xones credit he did use "we" in the same post

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    i'm failing to see the reason to this thread? not the first one where the title has had 'you digital djs' in it - do you not consider yourself a digital dj xone? in which case what are your motivations for joining a site like djtt?
    it's like you're looking for some twisted sense of superiority because you still use tt/cdjs, i get that you're over the moon with your 1200 purchase a few weeks back, and you love you're cdj1000's, but dude stop f-ing showing off about it!!
    clearly your opinion that's being saved for later will be one of underhanded-condescending-mockery, as has been the case several times over.

anyway, this digital dj can beatmatch and mixed on tt/cdj for about 10 years.
    regardless of the intention of the post, I feel that this thread is a valuable one. Why not find out how many of us who lurk the forums here can beat match or not. Its a tough skill to master, and those of us that can should be proud, regardless if we use it or not. Also, learning to beatmatch, even though you use a completely digital setup, shows that you both appreciate the craft you are learning, and are dedicated to expanding your skill pool, even if it is an outdated one. I say let it go, if he makes condescending remarks, then we can whine, but there is surely no need to do it before it even happens.

Tech Guru

i learned how to dj on my buddy's tech12s and can beatmatch comfortably, i've never owned my own pair tables though.

i personally don't find manual beatmatching to be difficult, but I much prefer djing with traktor + midi controllers over vinyl. I like having a visual display of the waveform so I can see the different drops in the track and use cue points to help plan better crafted transitions for my mixes.

i started learning traktor on the first versions, before the software had the beatgridding feature. so I actually used to do manual beatmatching with the software even after traktor3 came out because I couldn't be bothered with beatgridding my tracks when I knew how to do it manually. I just started beatgridding my tracks 6 months ago and I think it's worth "cheating" now because of the subtle improvement in overall sound quality compared to manual beatmatching.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 01-02-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sine143 View Post
    but there is surely no need to do it before it even happens.

Ohh it happened!!!! you go Girlfriend!
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast