Audio 4 DJ vs. Audio 8 DJ...convince me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Audio 4 DJ vs. Audio 8 DJ...convince me

Well I have been using an m-audio conectiv for almost two years. the thing is problematic at best. so i decided to get a new sound card. i always wanted the audio 8 but then the 2 came out. since i rock the VCI i figured that was the best option. But just recently i decided to try out vinyl (my partner is giving me his old 1200's)

so now convince me why i would spend an extra $200 for the audio 8 as opposed to the 4?

Thank you

So, I take it that your using torq then, correct? thus, you only have 2 decks to work with, so I'm pretty sure that you would have no need for the audio 8, unless you wanted to run samples out of those 2 extra outs into a 4 channel mixer? can you even do that? but like I said, it sound as if you would have no need for the audio 8.
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

If you can afford it, get it. Otherwise the Audio 4 is perfect for you.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you are doing timecode then the Audio8 is key. If not I think you could get by rather well with the Audio4. If you don't need any inputs then the Audio2 might be your best bet, and a money saver.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I bought an Audio4DJ and used it for vinyl. After I got a lot more into it, I started wanting to branch out to 4 deck mixing...and, well, had to get an Audio8. I thought I would never need more than 2 decks. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I bought an Audio4DJ and used it for vinyl. After I got a lot more into it, I started wanting to branch out to 4 deck mixing...and, well, had to get an Audio8. I thought I would never need more than 2 decks. I was wrong.
    same here
    i bought auio4dj + traktor scratch duo coming from serato thinking i need onky 2 decks

ended up purchasing the upgrade from duo to pro and really regretted not buying the audio8dj + tsp combo in the first place instead
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Guru

Good to know this type of input, I think I myself am gonna move up to the Audio 8 if I plan on getting an audio interface from NI. Although at the moment, Im really liking the idea of a firewire interface as opposed to a USB one, since the MacBook Pro I use only has 2 ports. Might as well use the Firewire 800 port on it.

Tech Wizard

Thank you.

I am using traktor pro. got it from a local DJ store "open box, no card" That's the "fear" I have. I'm going to get the 4 then reakky want the 8

PS: Is it possible to use the 4 and timecode deck A and B and then use VCI for deck C and D
    Last edited by transient; 01-03-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Yes, but then you will HAVE to mix internally.

However....as I am sure more will tell you.....You can;t buy TSP without the Audio 8 and TC Vinyl.

Else you using a cracked version.

I got TC Vinyl and the Audio 4 and VCI.

I can't use the TC vinyl to control the C and D, as I only have TP.

But I can use it in Deckadance!!

Need to upgrade to TSP.

If you have the Audio 4....and TP.....you can do the upgrade path for 339 Dolla!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by transient View Post
    Thank you.

I am using traktor pro. got it from a local DJ store "open box, no card" That's the "fear" I have. I'm going to get the 4 then reakky want the 8

PS: Is it possible to use the 4 and timecode deck A and B and then use VCI for deck C and D
    You can't use timecode with Traktor Pro. You will need to upgrade to Traktor Scratch Pro.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast