Frustrated with Traktor / Ableton setup.

Default Frustrated with Traktor / Ableton setup.

Hola Everyone! First of all, greetings from a Rainy Northern Spain!

My Gear (To understand what I am trying to do):

MAC SIDE

- Mac Book Pro
    - Audio 8 DJ (NI)
    - Traktor Scratch (Im using 3.4x though, not Scratch)
    - Ableton Live 7.10 (Full version, no demo)
    - Behringer DJX 700 (Yah, I know, I should get a better dj mixer!)

PC SIDE

- Quad Core at 2.4GHZ 4GB RAM
    - M-Audio FW410
    - Mackie 1202 VLZ3
    - Novation Remote 25 SL (thats besides the point though)

I would either want to:

A: Route the Mac to the PC using the PC as Ableton Live Slave for efx etc

or

B: Route Mac internally (following the article: http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/05/1...ableton-4-mac/ )

Now A: Did not work at all, it so totally does not sync from one soundcard to the other. I did everything according to the instructions on several sites, but it still does not sync properly Any tips would be appreciated, if you got any.

B: Works great until the point that I want to use my EXTERNAL Behringer mixer to mix things, and I also want to be able to use Scratch of course. I am a Vinyl dj from the beginning, and I don't want to click my way around when I dj hehe. So my question here would be, does anyone have that setup? Did someone get it to work? Can it in theory work, or do I have to just be patient for now and wait for possible future updates?

Oh and by the way, Jack rocks, but frikkin hell was it hard to figure out the routing! I tried to load load and load the file provided in the tutorial, but it just would not work. Later on though, I read the manual for Jack, and had it figured out in 2 minutes what was wrong of course

Thanks for any input!!!

Kind regards!

Nemo DX Zimmer

Hey nemo,

Ever got this to work?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --