Vinyl Rips - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl Rips

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Ableton warping can fix it, albeit a little time consuming if you dont have a set process to follow.
    You got a good point there, but I tend to be a lazy bum on that point. Why bother if I can get the tracks in digital format without any hassle?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

lots of good tips here than you people as for the cartridges I am still using the stanton 500's i left on the decks 13 years ago rofl! they are going to be replaced any pointers would be helpful.

Tech Guru

I used Shure Whitelabels on my turntables, I also highly recommend any elliptical stylus Ortofon to the best sound quality, the Concorde Blue is a solid choice, as is the Nightclub series.

Tech Guru

forgot to mention as well: make sure to reset the counterbalance on the tone arm before recording, the amount of pressure applied into the record groove does in fact make a difference.

basically twist the counterbalance weight counter-clockwise until the tonearm teeters at 180 degrees without any aid ("free floating" above the platter). from here, set the weight readout on the counterweight to 0 grams (to indicate weightlessness), then proceed to turn clockwise until you apply 2.5 grams of weight on the tonearm.

Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    forgot to mention as well: make sure to reset the counterbalance on the tone arm before recording, the amount of pressure applied into the record groove does in fact make a difference.

basically twist the counterbalance weight counter-clockwise until the tonearm teeters at 180 degrees without any aid ("free floating" above the platter). from here, set the weight readout on the counterweight to 0 grams (to indicate weightlessness), then proceed to turn clockwise until you apply 2.5 grams of weight on the tonearm.
    gotcha will do that, thanks for the tip m8

Tech Student

BUMP....great tips so far....Im looking to do the same...an additional input greatly appreciated!

Tech Mentor

Dig out the rubber mats that came with the turntables and use them (probably for the 1st time lol) while recording.

Tech Student

Dammit....I've been holding on to those goddammed things for god knows how long....and just a few weeks ago when i unpacked my decks i threw em away!

But thx I FINALLY understand their intended purpose!

Tech Student

Well since i trashed my rubber mats.....what's a good alternative?

Great link btw....Thanks!
    Last edited by Hypnotix; 06-19-2012 at 10:47 AM.

so weird. The other day I was playing an old track I downloaded back in 2008. I was monitoring it and noticed it was a ripped vinyl. Long crackly intro (8 seconds till the first beat). I set my marker to the first beat in Traktor and it was consistent throughout the track. Strange ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12