What other tricks are there for changing drastic tempos in traktor(minus freeze trick - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    @epsy: I wanna hear a mix with 12 fx!
    Here's an audio clip of what it sounds like with a track playing.
    http://kobnet.net/~epsy/undrig/traktor.mpd24.jam.mp3

And here's a video of me doing it with a simple loop playing in one deck
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeA6rVj473o

I'll do this in a live situation alot. Not so much in a mix i'm recording to put online etc. Just because most of the music I like to mix is busy enough on it's own. I try to hold back sometimes because it's so easy to go overboard like in the video I posted.

Interesting tips so far. I like the one about assigning a knob to switch between advanced and chained. No idea how to set that up though

Quote Originally Posted by epsy View Post
    I like the one about assigning a knob to switch between advanced and chained. No idea how to set that up though
    Nice clip! dno whether i could listen to that all night - but it's cool.

All you have to do is set up one button/knob to control a series of functions. It's more art than science, as Traktor can get pretty unstable when you start to do this, and it does some crazily unpredictable things - but experiment.

If you go into the midi map settings, and into FX there are a load of ways to do it.

For example - one button could be set to switch to advanced mode + effect select (delay) + effect on + FX parameter select + FX button 1 on (ie. freeze button)

Go play but make sure you export your current tsi before you do though!

Tech Wizard

that's wicked! I will absolutely give that a go. Thanks!

12 FX?! holy shit dude.
    Try dropping a beatmasher set to 0% and D/W at around 30%, combined with a LFO filter (set low) and delay on the same side. You can fade out your track and drop the D/W gradually as the new track comes in, then you can do some crazy shit by bringing it back up, depends on how drunk you are
    I Tend to stick to around an 8% difference maximum with tracks, i'll go UP, but not down. But i think a bit of xperimentation goes a long way with drastic changes eh.
    Last edited by Jester; 01-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

I'm trying to find some new tricks for this too, I'll be experimenting tonight but the all our drop of the pitch fader may work well...idk

I've heard some big time dj's do it so it may get a reaction

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by epsy View Post
    Would be awesome if it raised the tempo of the slave track with it. Any idears? Thanks!
    It does... What version are you using?

Tech Convert

when i doubt drop 20 airhorns and slam it.

On a serious note, i have seen some people drop the music, and talk to the crowd for a moment, hype em up and drop the next track. usually the difference between the 2 gets people dancing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12