Traktor 3LE, BCD3000 and Vista, help please...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 3LE, BCD3000 and Vista, help please...

I am a born again DJ so to speak. I first learned to DJ years ago on real vinyl but opted for producing and rapping instead.

Now I'm getting back into the DJ side of things and I am having issues because of course I have chosen digital over vinyl.

I have a BCD3000 that came with Traktor 3LE and I run a acer 5515 Acer Aspire with Vista 32bit.

My computer meets the system requirements to run the software and I have all the needed drivers.

The issue I'm having is drops and freezes in the software and hardware. I will be in a nice mix just getting to the third track and drop. Or if I do to much cues and stops it just stops for a sec then comes back in.

What do any of you pro digital DJ's out there suggest I do to fix this problem?

look at the latency in the settings.. it's probably too low, so just mess around a little bit with it..

also a board search on latency should get you some results..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

I will check with that but I was told is has more to do with the fact that I'm running it on Vista although it does have updated drivers for Vista32 bit.

When it is playing the cues and jog wheels, play button and all does what its suppose to do, its when I don't press stop on a track or kill the volume it just stops for a few secs then starts back up. I will check the latency but I have other software that works find for recording music and create music and I never have that problem with it.

Tech Wizard

I am adusting the latency right now and it did play a little bit longer when I moved the adjustment from 11.5 to around 25. Now I'm just froze after a song playef for about 5 minutes at around 39, almost as high as you can go for this latency setting.

I will check back and let you know whats going on.

Have a go with ASIO drivers from asio4all.com
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

I have asio4all on my Kristal Audio Engine software and it works fine. I don't really want to interfere with that and then have my recording software not working correctly.

Use the asio drivers for traktor if you are using an internal soundcard mate. you'll get the latency right down and it should solve the freeze issue.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

So Jester, how do I actually use the Asio4all to work with the BCD300 and Traktor 3 LE instead of the BCD3000 latency control? Bceause the only time the Asio4all control panel opens for me is when I open my recording software Kristal Audio Engine.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The BCD3000 Latency control is not the latency control in Traktor.

The Latency control in your Traktor preferences is under your Audio Settings and that's where you need to increase it.

The thing is that you are using an internal sound card, not an interface, so you are going to have latency problems and it will have nothing to do with Vista.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    The BCD3000 Latency control is not the latency control in Traktor.

The Latency control in your Traktor preferences is under your Audio Settings and that's where you need to increase it.

The thing is that you are using an internal sound card, not an interface, so you are going to have latency problems and it will have nothing to do with Vista.

Ok, I will work with that and see if I can get it to work as it needs to because I am missing gigs now because I can't get this to work right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast