plz recommend some ska artists/tracks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default plz recommend some ska artists/tracks

DJed last Saturday at a party in Berlin and multiple people came up to me asking for Ska and all I had was No Doubt and Sublime.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    DJed last Saturday at a party in Berlin and multiple people came up to me asking for Ska and all I had was No Doubt and Sublime.
    Serve em up this one bub. If this don't do it they ain't worth catering to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrLS2FoVZnQ

please don't mention sublime again j/k
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

The Aquabats, Goldfinger, Streetlight Manifesto, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish

Those are just a few, in this case, a place called pandora.com is your friend
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    please don't mention sublime again j/k
    one of my top two fav bands Jester...

no offense intended mate i had some flatmates a couple years back and this was one of the bands they played constantly, along with cyprus hill.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Prince Buster, Skatalites, Desmond Dekker, The Specials, The Selecter, The Bodysnatchers.... haven't been a fan of the 3rd wave on, but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Be-Ne-Dek View Post
    The Aquabats, Goldfinger, Streetlight Manifesto, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish

Those are just a few, in this case, a place called pandora.com is your friend

Im Not a Ska fan, however I did see "Real Big Fish" At a festival in Australia when I was 13, (13 yrs ago).

I rember there was another band calle "The Royal Crown Review" I remember thinking they were cool. Also playing was that band that Played... "Ba Ba bah bam..... thats the impression that i get"
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

"Ba Ba bah bam..... thats the impression that i get"

Already stuck in my head..... f%^7, this one will be in rotation for a while...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

"Musical Storeroom" by the Skatellites might do the trick. An old roommate of mine was a BIG time dub-head (strictly King Tubby, Lee Perry, The Scientist, Agustus Pablo, and The Congos for him) and this was one of the few ska songs I remember him playing on more than a few occasions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast