quick one on timecode (have searched)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default quick one on timecode (have searched)

So i just want to use 1 turntable in my set up as i cant afford anything eles. so if im using decks A+B in traktor can i set both inputs to 1&2? (my turntable) then just use the deck focus select button in traktor and which ever one is selected i can control with my table?

cheers.

that's the basics behind it, not sure the exact settings in traktor as i don't use it but yeah you can control both decks with one TT using the deck focus.

torq calls this amputate mode, serato calls it instant doubles, traktor has deck focus.

deckadance doesn't call it anything, they have been talking about supporting this for years but still haven't come through

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    So i just want to use 1 turntable in my set up as i cant afford anything eles. so if im using decks A+B in traktor can i set both inputs to 1&2? (my turntable) then just use the deck focus select button in traktor and which ever one is selected i can control with my table?

cheers.
    er... AFAIK no. The timecode control is not based on "focus" it is set to specific input whic is set to specific deck... however, there actualy might be a shortcut for reasigning timecode assigment, but doubt it

EDIT: haha, im wrong XD
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

I had a similar setup before with T3. What i did was that I had a button mapped in order to de-activate the deck input (timecode) for deck A. So then I could lift the needle from the tt and put it back on the start again without having the sounding mp3 on deck A doing the same. Then I had another button assigned to activate the deck input (timecontrol) on deck B. It works but it is not ideal if manually beatmatching. And the other thing (not 100% sure) is that if you do it this way the software will take around 5 secs to re-calibrate every time

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    I had a similar setup before with T3. What i did was that I had a button mapped in order to de-activate the deck input (timecode) for deck A. So then I could lift the needle from the tt and put it back on the start again without having the sounding mp3 on deck A doing the same. Then I had another button assigned to activate the deck input (timecontrol) on deck B. It works but it is not ideal if manually beatmatching. And the other thing (not 100% sure) is that if you do it this way the software will take around 5 secs to re-calibrate every time
    ok thanks man, im using T3 and thats what i needed to know as i wanted it for manually beat matching and having full control over the mp3, guess i will just have to save for 2 tables. thanks for your help.

If you want to use Timecode with T3, you will also need to purchase a copy of Traktor Scratch. Both T3 and the original Traktor Scratch are discontinued.

Oh and you'll need an audio8 or Traktor certified mixer. The audio4 will not work.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

ok thanks for that man, think im gonna ditch traktor anyway they seam so focused on you using there products, like you cant use an aggregate device and u can only use TSP on intel macs which is bullshit since i can run ableton 8 fine on my power pc mac, makes me think that mac paid them to put a block on it, think i will look down the root of using max for live and ms pinky. or even VDJ now there aint much difference between them, cheers dude.

well I know for sure that you can use a single timecode to control both decks in VDJ. also check out Djdecks if you haven't, there is a mac beta available now....

i hear what you're saying, I'm not sure why this wouldn't work in traktor pro. works flawlessly in SSL or VDJ or djdecks....

Default Re: quick one on timecode (have searched)

I think ms pinky timecode + ableton would be good for you. there's lots of information about it around here (and on the net, obviously).

but as a side note to your comment about traktor and intel mac only support, it's just a matter of cost for them. 2 support/development teams for pre and post intel macs is a hell of a lot more work than one.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

I was hoping karlos would drop in here or something and confirm if you were trying to set this up right in pro.

been trying to find a some more info on doing this in TSP, found this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XP0nuLUhJ4 of someone supposedly doing it. i don't have sound on this computer so i can't tell if it is showing the issues reported a couple posts ago.

i'm interested to hear more about this...

good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast