Mapping/firmawar questions
    Tech Convert

Default Mapping/firmawar questions

I have vci 100 1.3 firmware
    Is there a way to undo * turned the filter knobs into double knobs (0-127 on the left and right side) and make it a single knob again.
    Also when mapping another device(an MPD32 if its relevant) I clear the mappings to start fresh and things are already mapped, like gain and eq knobs. is there a recommended channel to run on, i have tried 2a and 3a.
    Thanks for any insight
    Vci-100se(with arcade buttons DONE!) Numark tt200, Macbook with 4gb ram, Axiom 25, MPD 32, Torq Connectiv with Time coded vinyl, Traktor Pro(new convert with Vci)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The only way to "undo" that feature is to recode it in Bome's.

If you clear your mapping to start fresh you shouldn't have anything mapped. But, the VCI-100 will always transmit on channel 1 by default, so you're best off switching the other devices to other channels.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Convert

Ya i stated that i was on 2 and three on my other devices. I tried channel 10 on my mpd32 and restarted traktor, its seems to function(or not which is what i want to start fresh) ok. Im on a mac, so i dont want to pay for bomes, is there another good mac software, also does that mean midi translating software is how firmware is changed. because the double knob seems to be a firmware thing. thanks for helping.
    Vci-100se(with arcade buttons DONE!) Numark tt200, Macbook with 4gb ram, Axiom 25, MPD 32, Torq Connectiv with Time coded vinyl, Traktor Pro(new convert with Vci)

Tech Guru

The double knob is a fiirmware thing. Firmware is not the same as midi translators though. The translator takes what midi is available and does something to it. Bomes can be used to kinda reverse the firmware in that you can take those double filter messages and condense them into one message. I'm not entirely sure, but you might be able to do this with midipipe as well (free).
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets