Rate My Mixing?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rate My Mixing?

Default Rate My Mixing?

hey guys, i've got some tracks i'm using for a demo, and would like some feedback on how the mixing sounds. we've definitely got some good producers in here, vets and upcomers alike, and i value all of your opinions equally.

http://www.labwerxdjs.net/music/hipnotikk/rgt/AD126.mp3

http://www.labwerxdjs.net/music/hipn...It%20Trill.mp3

http://www.labwerxdjs.net/music/hipnotikk/rgt/OTM.mp3

http://www.labwerxdjs.net/music/hipn.../Phase%201.mp3

thanks in advance guys!
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

well, proper mixes!

actually they just need to be mastered;

like dis for example...

DivShare File - Keep It Trill_ReMaSTeReD.wav

goOd job!

CoMPACT
    Last edited by compact; 01-07-2010 at 01:20 PM.

dude...fckin killer! i did some basic mastering with an adaptive limiter and compressor on the master bus which squeezed what was left of the headroom out for unmastered listening purposes..but holy hell! what do you master with? shit is like 10x louder at least!

thanks for the listen and the feedback, but the track most of all!

p.s. - i spy you in DSF :P

well, first of; it is much louder because itīs a wave file not mp3.

other than that i am quite nerdy with izotope ozone; which i used for your mix - i also use voxengo plugs and some from psp ect.

itīs a pretty squashed mix, indeed

cheerz

CoMPACT

p.s. would you be interessted in having all your 4 tracks mastered by me?

i was wondering about the wav/mp3 thing, but i bounced my tracks as both and a/b'd the two and couldn't really tell a difference.

man i've slept on ozone too long apparently! you did some work on it for sure.

hell yeah! i'd be down with you mastering everything i have :P but i need to make a few tweaks to a couple of them so i'll PM you with final links! you're the man

ok, very kewl!

listen to each of the mixes you submit and check for mixdown issues (things like distortion, too much compression or too much processing like reverb or delay will be things that no amount of custom mastering can fix, so huge problems like this will need to go back and be fixed at the mixdown stage).

also make sure to hipass everything like hihats, snares, melodies to get rid of unwanted bass frequencies..use a spectrum analyser to find those frequencies.

let your mixes peak at about -6db; when using at least 24bit/96khz - just leave me a little headroom for further processing & donīt normalize your tracks!

really enjoyed your tracks & lookinī forward to master your stuff...

cheerz

CoMPACT

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    ok, very kewl!

listen to each of the mixes you submit and check for mixdown issues (things like distortion, too much compression or too much processing like reverb or delay will be things that no amount of custom mastering can fix, so huge problems like this will need to go back and be fixed at the mixdown stage).

also make sure to hipass everything like hihats, snares, melodies to get rid of unwanted bass frequencies..use a spectrum analyser to find those frequencies.

let your mixes peak at about -6db; when using at least 24bit/96khz - just leave me a little headroom for further processing & donīt normalize your tracks!
    aren't HPF's used for stuff recorded live? do synth hats/snares really have a lot of bass?

will def leave some more headroom for you to work with :P

thanks brother, will get you the links asap

"aren't HPF's used for stuff recorded live? do synth hats/snares really have a lot of bass?"

yes & YES!

use a spectrum analizer in combination with a HPF (your ears are good, too) to get rid of your unwanted bass frequencies...those frequencies eat up allot of power in your mix!

lookinī forward...

CoMPACT

Tech Mentor

its true, always cut everything from a sample or synth that you dont need. keeps the air clear so to speak. if you are super serious about production, always get your stuff mastered by a second set of ears. 9 times out of ten a great mastering technician will have better gear to listen to your track. soon as i get a chance to actually do some production, i will be using a friend of mine. hes been doing mastering for several years and has a certification from berkley for music mastering. done everything from rock to classical to electronic.

pm'd you the mixdowns, compact

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast