TP Scratch - HELP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default TP Scratch - HELP

I haven't tried Traktor Scratch since 3.4, so I thought I'd try it out since everything in TP 1.2.3 has actually been working close to perfectly for me.

I guess I'm just looking for a new headache or something. So, I loaded TP Scratch 1.2.3 on my test laptop (Windows), and hooked up my CDJ-1000s MKIII, through my Audio 8 DJ.

I had an issue when I last tried Traktor 3.4. Since I've never really seen anyone use Traktor Scratch, I don't know what the normal behavior is. Anyhow, in TP Scratch 1.2.3 the issue still seems to be present.

The issue is that any cue I set by hitting the cue button or using the Hot Cue Buttons on the CDJ, are off by about a 1/4 beat when I recall them. When I hit the cue button to jump back to the set cue position, I see in the waveform that I'm about 1/4 of a beat ahead of where I had set the cue originally. I should note that I'm not trying to use a Traktor Cue point to recall the start position and that I have tried this both when the track is beatgridded and when it is not.)

Since I'm an absolute novice with Scratch (though I do know all about calibration thanks to the Traktor Bible), I feel I must just be missing something. Can anyone help please?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Guru

I personally haven't tried using CDJ's and Traktor yet, I use vinyl. But, and I might be talking about something completely different here, have you got snap mode on in Traktor? I'm sure you're probably already aware of this feature but sometimes its the simple things you miss that solve the problem.

Tech Wizard

Or quantize mode. I was having the same sort of problem that you are explaining and that was the problem.

Tech Wizard

or SYNC

Sounds like snap is turned off to me.

As I understand it quantize is more for matching 2 beat grids to each other, so when one track is playing and you press play on a second track the second one will only start on a beatmarker to match the phase of the first, even if you haven't timed it perfectly.

Snap on the other hand simply snaps que points to beatmarkers, try turning it on and dropping a que point in between 2 beatmarkers, its impossible because that's what snap is designed to prevent. Snap only requires a single sound source to perform its function whereas quantize requires 2 sound sources to match the phase.

Well, i'm pretty sure all of those were off, but I will double check. I'm sure it's not snap, because when cued, the track position in the wave form will jump from the Grid Marker to 1/4 beat forward off the grid marker rather than to it.

Hey B33SON, did you map it yourself or is it a default midi map?

I've also tried using one deck with the timecode and just use Audio Through on the other track and play a CD. It does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by slaanesh View Post
    Hey B33SON, did you map it yourself or is it a default midi map?
    I tried this on a fresh install with no midi mappings loaded. The timecode shouldn't be using Midi mappings or even be affected by them.

Tech Guru

hmm... it kinda sounds like a cdj problem maybe? Like, I know some people have had issues, where the cue buttons on the cdj themselves had a little wobble, like they didnt set down in the right place. I dont use cdj's though... soooo i have no idea what I'm talking about.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast