Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

hi
    when I do mod1=2 led A2 is on but when I set mod1=3 Led A2 is on as well
    How can I change the LED ouput to A#2 for mod1=3?
    I thought that would be more compressible in a live set
    thanks

Tech Convert

Are there instructions on how to add switches to the MidiFighter? Where is the ground, what resistance or diodes might need to be used? How about the resistance for using pots and sliders?

I would love to add another switch as a 'modifier' in order to flip between various mapping skins on the fly...

I'm having the most fun with my MidiFighter as just a simple hotcue map, but it would be fun to flip into other modes... and who knows, just get crazy with an extra switch?

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas and tips.

Tech Wizard

Just a quick post to report a possible BUG in Midifighter TSI 1.1
    It would seem that when in Filter Juggle mode or Beatmash Juggle mode, the top 2 buttons on the midiflghter engage the FX and change the timings as normal, however they don't Engage the FX 2 in the mixer section. so you only get 2 bits of the juggle.

hope you get what i mean.
    gater idea is kinda cool.

Love the delay with "hold Freeze"

can't wait for the video

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    This thread has now been updated with a new( MF V 1.1), which has a few bug fixes and new features. V 1.1 requires traktor pro 1.24 or later, if you dont have version download the older 1.0 mapping.
    Are the mash/filter combos still available on this mapping? I don't see them marked in the ares they were before.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Wizard

yes
    just added gater and delay with feeze

i don't know if it's just me, but there are various things not working.

shift+sample: only led of cue 5 lights up and the settings for the bottom row seem to be messed up..

it often occures that if i sample a beat (e.g. press cue 2 and mash), the tempo slows down or rises (or even both) without me doing anthing (only holding the two buttons down)... this has obviously something to do with the master tempo.got it set to auto, but it always needs some bars to get to the right tempo.. why that?

osx 10.5.8
    traktor 1.2.4
    Last edited by basspenetrator; 02-08-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

a bit OT: i guess the core parts can be ported to the LPD8 using separate scene's for the shift action. plus there are additional knobs to mess around. then again probably a straight port doesnt make sense anyways, but this can be inspirational and maybe a starting point.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

ok. sorry for all of the questions. Just still a little confused about the tPro midi configuration page. I just switched from t3 about a month ago. As of now I have, obviously, my keyboard control page. Then I have a page for my controller and the lpd8. And then I have one for the midifighter. So, If I want to give ean's mapping a try, I should save and remove my old midifighter tsi? Or is there a way to just add Ean's mapping on a different page and just turn one or the other off?

Tech Guru

you can habe an infinite amount of mappings. you can control which one actually does anything by assigning the ports. this way you can also have multiple active mappings for one controller or have one mapping for multiple controllers.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Convert

Default midi-notes/decimal

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    Cue point chord mapping?
    I second that. Just from looking at the mapping you can pretty much guess the top row and bottom two rows and from that kinda guess the effect row... but it would be nice to just have it spelled out. That way peeps like me with an MPD could brush up a map in Vysex in 5 minutes and try it out very easily - plus of course share the Vysex config online for others to use and be up and running in minutes.

Here's my guess, comments welcomed before I sit down tonight and test it.

The numbers in brackets are decimals and will help Vysex users. Once you know the decimals this layout is very probable!

True Midi-Fighters know their midi-notes/decimal/hex values

SHIFT: C3 (48), SYNC, C#3 (49), PAUSE: D3 (50), PLAY D#3 (51)
    RECORD: G#2 (44), MASH: A2 (45), FILTER: A#2 (46), ECHO: B2 (47)
    CUE 5: E2 (40), CUE 6: F2 (41), CUE 7: F#2 (42), CUE 8: G2 (43)
    CUE 1: C2 (36), CUE 2: C#2 (37), CUE 3: D2 (38), CUE 4: D#2 (39)

Now once I get this created you can not only do a 'Golden' on your MPD but you can also keep your current MPD mapping and just switch to MF action with the rotary preset selector.

Whoop!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast