Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

I think I had this problem, just look for the effect bank 3 in the controller mapping page and select the part of the mapping where it allows you to select different effects. My slot was empty so I just selected the beatmasher.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

My problem was deffinitly a midi mapping problem because I had to add this functionality to the mapping to make it work properly.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Student

Thanks for your fast response!
    I think my problem is pretty similar, something is mapped wrong but I don't know what. I've messed with the mapping but to no avail, B2 just won't turn on effect 3, kind of frustrating.

How do you make this work... I'm 1.2.1 so I guess I have to use the original mapping. Is this even worth it, considering the bugs. But when I import it, it erases all of my other midi device mappings. I have a midifighter mapping that I use now that I like a lot. I just want to try this one. But it seems easier said than done. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    How do you make this work... I'm 1.2.1 so I guess I have to use the original mapping. Is this even worth it, considering the bugs. But when I import it, it erases all of my other midi device mappings. I have a midifighter mapping that I use now that I like a lot. I just want to try this one. But it seems easier said than done. Any help would be appreciated.
    do not click the big import button on the bottom of the pref screen. click add in the upper region and then 'import' from the dropdown menu..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Guru

ok .. i think i have finally understood the mapping. just some comments about the mash/filter/delay.

for the delay i think it would be great if there would be some way to be able to engage the delay and keep pressed but disengage when releasing (maybe by pressing the shift button while keeping the delay pressed?).

for the mash/filter in shift mode i am a bit confused still. maybe there is a bug, well actually most likely.

here is a description of what i see, anything i denote with a (!) seems like a bug to me:
    when i press shift+mash the mash led lights up and stays on. when i press the shift+filter button the mash lights up and stays on (!) while the filter button does not light up at all though (!). depending on which of the two buttons or if i have shift+pressed both when hitting the relevant buttons above the mash/filter the settings get adjusted properly. pressing the play button however doesnt seem to have an effect like when not in shift mode (!).

also none of the top 3 right buttons engage FX2 (!). also releasing the the middle top buttons disengage the led on the mash (!). however the mode remains unchanged (as in i am still in mash/filter shift mode). and when ever i press any of the two top middle buttons the mash led lights up again. however they again turn off when i release (!).
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Hi All,

I've tried to open both midifighter tsi files with the TSI viewer on the Traktor Bible site. Unfortunately I couldn't get the files to open. Is it possible for someone to post the contents of the midifighter tsi file. I'm looking for the Midi Command, Assignment, Interaction Mode, Mod 1, Mod 2, etc?

I'm trying to better understand the link between the midi controller and the Traktor command. Hope that makes sense.

midiot
    -Macbook OS 10.6.2 with 3GB RAM
    -Traktor Pro 1.2.4
    -BCD3000 & Akai MPD18
    -2 x Technics 1200s running Sure M44-7's
    -2 x Behringer Truth B2031A Studio Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    ok .. i think i have finally understood the mapping. just some comments about the mash/filter/delay.

for the delay i think it would be great if there would be some way to be able to engage the delay and keep pressed but disengage when releasing (maybe by pressing the shift button while keeping the delay pressed?).

for the mash/filter in shift mode i am a bit confused still. maybe there is a bug, well actually most likely.

here is a description of what i see, anything i denote with a (!) seems like a bug to me:
    when i press shift+mash the mash led lights up and stays on. when i press the shift+filter button the mash lights up and stays on (!) while the filter button does not light up at all though (!). depending on which of the two buttons or if i have shift+pressed both when hitting the relevant buttons above the mash/filter the settings get adjusted properly. pressing the play button however doesnt seem to have an effect like when not in shift mode (!).

also none of the top 3 right buttons engage FX2 (!). also releasing the the middle top buttons disengage the led on the mash (!). however the mode remains unchanged (as in i am still in mash/filter shift mode). and when ever i press any of the two top middle buttons the mash led lights up again. however they again turn off when i release (!).

I Know exactly what you mean.
    This is what i can guess from watching Eans Video and using both TSIn 1.0 and 1.1 in TSP 1.2.4

in TSI 1.0 the mash juggle and filter mash juggle kinda worked ok. what seems to have happend in TSI 1.1 is that the beatmash button needs to be pressed and the you hold down another button to change the timmings of the beatmash. you did not need to hold down before.

also the gater works by shift sample with out sample being loaded. buttond 5-8 become gater.
    shift sample to dis engage.

the sample in Eans video worked a little diffrent. he sampled a 8 bar loop and then shift sample to engage the beatslicer. when he did this all the Hot cue LEDS lit up showing to be in Beatslice mode. the current Midifighter TSI 1.1 does not do that.

i think that ean has TSI 1.1.2 unrealsed.

the echo for me works great with hold echo for freeze effect.

how ever i would like the echo timing to be set to 3/16 and not 1/8

The midi fighter seems to be working great with my X1. i have got rid of the hotcues in the X1 TSI and they have now become Decks C/D contol.
    pointless having two controlers with hot cue functions.

gonna work on some more effect programming for the X1 so i have some effects on the X1 and beat juggle mash up effects on the midi fighter.

Back once again or block rocking beats on deck c over 2 loops on decks A/B

That way you Can do your normal DJ set of Decks A/B and when the mood takes you rock out a small Juggle routine over the top on deck C or D with the midi fighter.

all good

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by midiot View Post
    Hi All,

I've tried to open both midifighter tsi files with the TSI viewer on the Traktor Bible site. Unfortunately I couldn't get the files to open. Is it possible for someone to post the contents of the midifighter tsi file. I'm looking for the Midi Command, Assignment, Interaction Mode, Mod 1, Mod 2, etc?

I'm trying to better understand the link between the midi controller and the Traktor command. Hope that makes sense.

midiot
    NI intentionally broke stuff like the TSI viewer in TP 1.2. So there is really no way for someone to provide you with this list unless they tediously manually copy it down by hand.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    I noticed that when importing the new TSI for the MidiFighter that the top two effect buttons which activate the beatmasher and beatmasher and filter combos does not turn on FX bank 2. Anyone else notice this?

Yes Could be a bug however In Eans video he held down the beat masher while hitting the other beatmash buttons.
    2 buttons at once kinda thing
    to be honest i prefer the 1.0 way. all buttons engaging efect 2 int the mixer section.

lets see what 1.2 brings us.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast