Official MF Mapping for Traktor Pro - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Does anyone else find that when using the beatmasher effects on this mapping that it is delayed slightly, therefore I can not catch part of the track I want???
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

hello

I would love to see a page with midi mappings, like used to map the midifighter for the contest with traktor pro
    I own a faderfox dx2 and a faderfox dj and I would love to find out if I'm into midi fightin'.
    Can anyone help me out? I took a look at the .tsi but it's a LOT more complicated then I expected...
    Thx!

I cant download the TSI files :S

Ean, will there be a new MF mapping anytime soon?
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Wizard

I'm working on a massive patch for the korg padKontrol, one mode of which is simply mimicking a midi fighter so the tsi's all work.

One thing I noticed is that with a track playing the cue points don't trigger until button release. I feel like they should be instant on tap down; ie triggered by note on instead of note off.
    What's the behavior like when using a real MIDI Fighter?

Everything else works identical to the demo video so I'm assuming this is just how Traktor handles MIDI cues. Also kinda dumb that you have to set a cue in order to play it. I can foresee a lot of accidental cue point setting with these buttons so close. Dumb
    Last edited by JoeM; 05-27-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Tech Convert

Sounds cool, how does it work? what other modes does it have?

Will you share the mapping?

Tech Wizard

It's got some pretty basic functionality right now. You can create 16 modes right now each on different MIDI channels and they'll receive their proper messages to set LED states. I figure I'd leave most of the MIDI scripting inside Traktor. The patch handles routing messages to and from the device since it uses SYSEX natively, and it will store state date for each mode on the status of the LCD screen and which buttons have their LEDs on, etc, so you can quickly switch between several mappings operating on different channels. The MF mode just sets the pads up to have the same note and channel values for the pads as the MF has for its buttons. Both devices have LEDs for the buttons in a 4x4 grid so it works with the same TSI. The padKontrol supports a single speed blinking state also, and has more buttons, XY pad, some knobs, and a LCD screen so you could take someone midifighter TSI and expand on it.

I'm working on a MIDI Control script for Abelton Live so you can use it as a control surface in Max4Live side by side with Traktor. Right now it adds that red box around the session view clips like a APC40 does, and you can navigate and trigger the clips. Need to test if it will work in M4L like an APC40 would. The control script uses MIDI I/O but I also want to make it so you can communicate with several Track Max4Live objects through the LiveAPI using OSC. So like child scripts from the main patch. I already had this in a more basic version of this project, but it was limited so I started this more advanced one.

When I get the basic features finished I may put it on a public code repo. Hopefully a week or two.
    Last edited by JoeM; 06-06-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyDonePun View Post
    Ean, will there be a new MF mapping anytime soon?
    Here's a new one we have been working on: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14435

There should be more to come in the future.

i just tried using both versions of this and it is not working. the echo effect does not turn on and the cue point lights only light on when they are being pressed. any idea why this might be?

does this only work with traktor pro and not scratch?!! =((((((
    tried it with just pro and not skratch having the same problems.
    Last edited by BestLegsinHD; 08-18-2010 at 02:24 AM.

wow, just realized non of the right effects are loading, am i doing something wrong lol

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast