Register Your Midi-Fighter!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Register Your Midi-Fighter!

The Midi-Fighter project is going to be way cool and filled will new tricks and treats every month. BUT, you must register your midi-fighter if you want to hear when we release new mappings and firmware versions.

To Register subscribe to this mailing list.

Tech Student

I got a midifighter about a month ago, but haven't really had the time to get it set up. I finally tried hooking it up through tracktor pro 2, and I have yet to get it to work at all. do you have any step by step instructions on how to get it setup on a pc? are there drivers that I need first? any help would be appreciated. I looked through the forums, but I haven't found what i need to get operational.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What mapping are you trying to use?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

Instant gratification. But any mapping would do. I haven't been able to get the midi fighter to install correctly, it asks for drivers every time I try to connect it, but I didn't get a disk or anything when I purchased the midi fighter. If I could get the computer to recognize this thing, I could map the buttons myself, I need some help please!

Tech Convert

Im happy as hell with my new MIDI Fighter I got on Monday, 1/306

FIRST!! lol

Tech Convert

This thing is too much damn fun ^_^

Big ups Ean!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Dfalconer View Post
    I got a midifighter about a month ago, but haven't really had the time to get it set up. I finally tried hooking it up through tracktor pro 2, and I have yet to get it to work at all. do you have any step by step instructions on how to get it setup on a pc? are there drivers that I need first? any help would be appreciated. I looked through the forums, but I haven't found what i need to get operational.
    It's actually pretty amazing the complete LACK of instructions for easy setup there is around here. Typical of the tech-geek mentality I know well from my days living in SF: figure it out yourself, or you don't deserve to know!

The midi fighter resources is a complete FAIL. I've read 3-4 newbies ask how to set up their device and get directed to the mappings tsi. How do you use this? What actual steps do you take? Why?

There's just a total lack of information - and most of the time, you get some a-hole demanding that the newbie "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" as if pressing the search button gives you an easy setup guide.

No, the search button gives you tons and tons of posts on random topics, most of which are between people who've already been using the midi fighter for a while and are trying new things, or who have used controllers and midi devices extensively before.

What about all the DJs who have used a mixer and two 1200's for the last 10 years, who don't know s- about midi, and are just getting into all this? Would it kill you guys just to put up a single "how to" stickie that covers some of the basics?

No wonder the people I know who worked in tech writing got paid so much (and why apple has made such a killing) - there's this massive gulf between the techies and the people who can communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by avu View Post
    It's actually pretty amazing the complete LACK of instructions for easy setup there is around here. Typical of the tech-geek mentality I know well from my days living in SF: figure it out yourself, or you don't deserve to know!

The midi fighter resources is a complete FAIL. I've read 3-4 newbies ask how to set up their device and get directed to the mappings tsi. How do you use this? What actual steps do you take? Why?

There's just a total lack of information - and most of the time, you get some a-hole demanding that the newbie "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" as if pressing the search button gives you an easy setup guide.

No, the search button gives you tons and tons of posts on random topics, most of which are between people who've already been using the midi fighter for a while and are trying new things, or who have used controllers and midi devices extensively before.

What about all the DJs who have used a mixer and two 1200's for the last 10 years, who don't know s- about midi, and are just getting into all this? Would it kill you guys just to put up a single "how to" stickie that covers some of the basics?

No wonder the people I know who worked in tech writing got paid so much (and why apple has made such a killing) - there's this massive gulf between the techies and the people who can communicate.
    I agree... i got my midi fighter yesterday and took me 7 hours just to update the firmware for 4 banks... but none of the mappings work still... people really need to talk "dumb" for people like me

Tech Convert

It would take like 10 sec to create a walkthrough.

Actually, this seems to be commonplace. I went to the Traktor forums and found some newbie asking about why there was no X button anywhere. The Traktor mod was like, why on earth are you trying to use the X button, you just use the Y and Z buttons and it works fine. The guy was like, ok thanks. But I thought something sounded odd, so I went back to the traktor manual, and sure enough, there it was - for what the guy was trying to do, the manual itself said to use the X button, which of course, did not exist. So actually, the manual itself was screwed up.
    Last edited by avu; 07-07-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Iīve just registered my MF3D (i think because i didnīt wrote serial number or something similar, only name and e-mail) but i have some troubles with that. Iīm trying to talk someone (i talked with Zach and Chris but Chris thinks thatīs mapping bug but not me) but, in Spain, at 20:00 h is 11:00 in San Francisco and thereīs not enough time to talk with someone who could help me. MF3D works but not in HID mode!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast