brushed cue point juggling and FX tapping with the SCS3d
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default brushed cue point juggling and FX tapping with the SCS3d

brushed cue point juggling:
    The SCS3d decks, when paired with Traktor, allow for a more unique cue system than I have ever encountered. Unlike a typical keyboard/drum pad controller, the SCS3d’s have added a new technique to my repertoire that I affectionately call “brushing”. Using the circular deck to set non-sequential cue points, when paired with the “sync” function of Traktor, allow for the user to brush their finger along the cue points to quickly cycle through cue points while remaining completely in sync with the playing track, making for a really interesting method of cue-point juggling I would have never attempted before. There is something really interesting about the whole “ghost in the machine” aspect that I love, as it is possible to do crazy live glitch remixes with little thought. As well, the system has finally brought the 3rd and 4th Traktor Pro decks into play, something that I have been wanting to do for a long time but never have got around to due to my hate of “button pushing” with no real tactile control.

Read more: http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/s...#ixzz0bxEDmHO8
    fx tapping:
    The SCS3m also has a large number of uses when paired with a traditional setup and Traktor. Providing one of the most quick and intuitive FX and EQ control systems I have ever encountered, I have found myself using the built-in FX in Traktor Pro more than ever. One thing it has enabled me to do (and touched on earlier) is “FX Tapping”, essentially holding your ‘0’ point down and tapping in your maximum value without letting go of ‘0’. Especially when paired with the “Beat Masher” and “Beat Repeat” FX, it is frankly hard not to overuse FX due to the amount of fun to be had.

Read more: http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/s...#ixzz0bxEa12QA
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

eh... okay? "dascratch" (to use the wince-worthy name) came out ages ago and this isn't exactly news.

Tech Guru

obviously the hardware isnt news, but i do think that these techniques, which are unique to this system, have not been mentioned all that often.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

I have the scs.3d and yeah, it's quite cool these techniques. New stuff to digital djing

This is similar to a belief that I have that if the turnablists actually sat down and thought about what they do when they scratch, like crabbing and hampsters, it would be almost easier to learn and add different techniques to a touch based interface like this, rather than a physically moving crossfader. Most scratching techniques are basically using a linear fader to make a button-like interface anyway, otherwise they wouldn't have the crossfader cut so close to either side. Just my $.02

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

interesting .. i was thinking the same thing the other day. basically all the crossfader is to them is a 3 state button .. well actually only 2 states are used usually i guess, which means its just a toggle .. anyone ever tried scratching like this?

25 or so members of this forum need to get together with industry leaders and hash out some good ideas for about a week. Or a startup company, or something. Too much good stuff floating around in suggestions that never come to fruition that could be amazing.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

i guess they should sneak into our berlin meetup next summer and take notes

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    interesting .. i was thinking the same thing the other day. basically all the crossfader is to them is a 3 state button .. well actually only 2 states are used usually i guess, which means its just a toggle .. anyone ever tried scratching like this?
    I do it all the time like that. my crossfader curve is set in a way that i only have left,middle and right, on the crossfader. Basically a 3 state button and it works great.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Tech Guru

hmm... i wonder why they dont make mixers with like, a momentary push button lol.... normal xfader, with an arcade button that brings it to the middle. i think that would be sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast