Problems with audio set up in Traktor Pro for new user
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Problems with audio set up in Traktor Pro for new user

I am very new to the controllerism scene and I've been reading DJTT for the last few months. I just got an I-Mix Reload and am in the middle of setting it up. With my limited experience I am impressed with the controller. I used a Hercules before but the I-Mix is much better.

Anyway, I have mapped the controller and downloaded ASIO4ALL 2.10 Beta in order to set up the audio for Traktor Pro. I am working off an extremely limited budget so I was attempting to use the USB sound card provided with the controller along with my own internal sound card (I have a Dell Latitude E5400).

However, when I select the ASIO4ALL option in Traktor there is no response from the programme. No music will play and it doesn't respond to my controller. When i switch back to just the internal or usb sound card everything works but I only have one channel, so I can't headphone cue!

The problem has me stumped as everything is set up according to how ASIO4ALL says it should be.

Can anyone out there in DJTT help me?

P.S. sorry the post is so long, I'm trying to give as much detail as I can.

You are trying to aggregate 2 soundcards together with asio4all? Assuming you have this set up properly within asio4all as you have said, what are your output routings set to in the Traktor preferences when you have the asio4all driver selected?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Wow thanks for getting back so quick. Yes, I am indeed trying to aggregate the two sound cards together - this is the recommended set up for the I-Mix if you do not have an external sound card.

My output routings in Traktor when using the asio option is to have the Output Monitor set to my internal soundcard, i.e. left is 1) IDT Audio 1 and right is 2) IDT Audio 2. Then the Output Master is the USB sound device, i.e. left is 3) Sound Device 1 and 4) Sound Device 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    My output routings in Traktor when using the asio option is to have the Output Monitor set to my internal soundcard, i.e. left is 1) IDT Audio 1 and right is 2) IDT Audio 2. Then the Output Master is the USB sound device, i.e. left is 3) Sound Device 1 and 4) Sound Device 2.
    Is that how asio4all has your outputs listed - are there any other choices in the output routings setup?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

There are no other choices in the output routings set up. Asio has my devices listed like that when i click into the control panel. It's all set up like it's supposed to be, as far as I can figure.

Then when I select that option in Traktor nothing works.

I don't understand the situation at all. I know I will have to get a sound card but I was hoping to get cracking on some practice before I had to do that.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Why are you using aggregate devices when the I-Mix reload has a USB interface with a monitor out?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Why are you using aggregate devices when the I-Mix reload has a USB interface with a monitor out?
    Ya, I'm not sure that's necessary. I have one, but I mix externally. I set outputs 1&2 for Deck A. Outputs 3&4 for Deck B.

If you want to run internally, then it's just 1&2 for Monitor. 3&4 for Main Output... or try the reverse if Monitoring does seem to be working right.
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Tech Convert

OK i managed to get the sound to work but now I'm having serious latency issues. The sound coming out of Traktor is really scratchy and jittery but I'm not able to change the latency setting in audio preferences.

The latency is set at 11ms but I'm not able to change it for some reason. Can anyone tell me how to unfreeze the meter? It's probably a stupid question but as I
    said I'm very new to this.....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJoe View Post
    OK i managed to get the sound to work but now I'm having serious latency issues. The sound coming out of Traktor is really scratchy and jittery but I'm not able to change the latency setting in audio preferences.

The latency is set at 11ms but I'm not able to change it for some reason. Can anyone tell me how to unfreeze the meter? It's probably a stupid question but as I
    said I'm very new to this.....
    Your latency is now controlled by asio4all. To increase the latency displayed in Traktor adjust the asio buffer size in the asio4all setup screen. A higher number of samples will give you higher latency and a lower number of samples will give you a lower latency. To get Traktor to refresh its latency setting after you have done this, re-select the current sampling rate and the latency will refresh to show your changes.

Tech Convert

Thanks very much everyone. I basically have everything sorted now, I think. Just have to figure out how to Dj now!! ha ha

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast