Laptop for traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Laptop for traktor

Hi i want to get a laptop specifically just to run traktor 3.3 and a couple of midi controllers

Will this suffice?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...&category_oid=

Thanks in advance!!

Considering the fact that it would be running Vista I'd say the memory is slightly to low, also the processor isn't all that great.

In the end I still believe it boils down a lot to the sound card. As long as you get a really good one with low latency, I'm sure you could use that laptop. Personally, I would put in Win XP as well, but that's just me.
    Emil Beatsnatcher Brikha | www.LQP.se | Dell XPS M1330 (2.1 ghz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB ram), Traktor Pro 2.03, Novation Twitch.

RAM and HDD are fine, plus you've got 4 USB connections. Lack of Firewire may limit you in the far future depending on whether low latency recording and playback from multiple sound sources is important to you (probably not for DJ work), other than that go for it.

Running a couple of MP3s and some FX is no big deal for modern CPUs. Mostly you're looking at screen res, HDD size and number of connections.

Like i say with every other equipment post. NEVER GO CHEAP! if you can some how afford a little more now, it will pay off in the long run (considering that you will keep it for many years and plan to continue doing this). However i do also understand that technology is outdated very fast now a days and this is just to hold you over untill the next step in your career.

just some food for thought
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    Like i say with every other equipment post. NEVER GO CHEAP! if you can some how afford a little more now, it will pay off in the long run (considering that you will keep it for many years and plan to continue doing this). However i do also understand that technology is outdated very fast now a days and this is just to hold you over untill the next step in your career.

just some food for thought
    I can agree with that, but thats only true to a certain extent. I could have blown an extra 2k on my laptop for exactly the same performance in music programs. I bought a inspiron 1720 with maxed out cpu and ram specs, while the dell XPS range costs a whole lot more for the same performance inside of music software. Just be sensible into what areas you are putting your money into. To me screen size, screen resolution, CPU speed, build quality and ram speed are the biggest things to be looking out for.

Tech Wizard

Hi guys thanks for all your help with this - was going to buy it this month but think i'll hold off for a couple of months and get a better more full blown system.

Thanks again!

Oh and stay away from the Toshiba w/Intel Dual Core, I had a smiliar problem w/mine but I found a good way to tweak it.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |