Going from Traktor 3 to Pro

Default Going from Traktor 3 to Pro

Ok so I think I'm about to make the switch. What are the best advantages of Pro?
    It looks like the effects operation is way different. I just got a midifighter and I really like the cue point chords that Ean came up with, but I don't really think that it's possible to do in 3.
    If I install traktor pro on the same computer as traktor 3 will I be able to use them both (not at the same time, of course. just if I want to go back to 3)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    If I install traktor pro on the same computer as traktor 3 will I be able to use them both (not at the same time, of course. just if I want to go back to 3)?
    Yes, although they will use different collection files (you can import your Traktor 3 one into Pro, not vice versa).
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

You wont go back to T3 after a jam on Pro mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

but what exactly is the tits about it

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Better bpm counting
    8 cue points
    MUCH better MIDI implementation
    Modifiers instead of those god awful MIDI Pages
    TONS more effects
    Four Effect Banks
    Advanced and Chained effects
    better MIDI clock management
    better time stretching
    better GUI

to start
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

things I like about pro. 21 effects. beats the crap out of 5 in 3, and you can use these in chained mode, which means 3 per channel. There are are least 6-10 effects I really like

Verb
    Echo
    Delay t3
    Beatmasher
    revg
    beatslicer
    Gater

are all kinda great for me. I also Like the gui.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the mapping down. How exactly do you set up cue points and loops in this. I have an akai lpd8 that I'd like to set up for the 8 cue points for each deck. Also for the loops I'm trying to make 1 button start the loop and another button half it each time I press it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Also is there anyway to make the pitch bend jogwheel scratch?

Also does anyone know how to make an endless knob scroll through the track list one by one. I keep assigning it as different things. And it either wants to jump by like twenty tracks or just go to the top or bottom of the list.