Traktor or Ableton to use with pioneer setup???
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor or Ableton to use with pioneer setup???

Hey guys, happy new year to all of you on board.

I just wanted to know what peoples thoughts on this was.
    I will be using a tradional setup with pioneer equipment and wanted to use either traktor or ableton to throw off some samples such as percussion, vocals and other types of grooves. I will at those times have to manually Sync the CDJs to that source as i think it's probs the best solution.
    I'm kinda guessing everyone would say go for Ableton 8 (which i aready have). I also have Traktor!
    So far the only benifit i see with using Ableton is that i can hit up as many samples as i want. Hmmm.....

I did a post serach last night for this but it did not come up with much at all.

Tech Mentor

Ne-one ?

Tech Wizard

Just for samples, one shots etc. I'd pick ableton, if you want it as an extra deck I'd pick traktor since the tempo controls are more similair to a cdj. (on the other hand, why not just route either traktor or ableton onto your mixer and have them as your decks?)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Just for samples, one shots etc. I'd pick ableton, if you want it as an extra deck I'd pick traktor since the tempo controls are more similair to a cdj. (on the other hand, why not just route either traktor or ableton onto your mixer and have them as your decks?)
    Thinking of that, attempting to connect Ableton & Traktor together on one mac. But having probs with the Audio 8....over here http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=101617

Tech Guru

You said you're going to have to manually beat match the CDJ's. Why not use traktor to sync it all together automatically. You can have the CDJ's on decks A & B, and all your one-shots and samples on decks C & D all sync'd together. You got 32 cue points to play with per track so you could make up tracks consisting of up 32 one-shots or samples and have them all cue'd up so all you gotta do is hit the right button as opposed to loading a different one as a new track each time. Say for example you have 30 samples and one-shots in total, you could make 2 tracks of 15 and never have to change those tracks, just arrange all you cue points.

Tech Mentor

I have two setups

One with Traktor & Maschine & the other with my Pioneer setup.

I would like to keep the pionner for traditonal purposes at the same time adding something to the game.
    Think Ableotn may be the best here.

If you are doing just one shots then you might do better to go with Ableton. Figure out the bpm of the track you are playing, set the master tempo in ableton to the same as the track and then you just have to drop the one shot on the beat. Not only that, the layout in ableton lends itself better to this than traktor.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djlokifl View Post
    If you are doing just one shots then you might do better to go with Ableton. Figure out the bpm of the track you are playing, set the master tempo in ableton to the same as the track and then you just have to drop the one shot on the beat. Not only that, the layout in ableton lends itself better to this than traktor.
    Thanks for your advice

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    You said you're going to have to manually beat match the CDJ's. Why not use traktor to sync it all together automatically. You can have the CDJ's on decks A & B, and all your one-shots and samples on decks C & D all sync'd together. You got 32 cue points to play with per track so you could make up tracks consisting of up 32 one-shots or samples and have them all cue'd up so all you gotta do is hit the right button as opposed to loading a different one as a new track each time. Say for example you have 30 samples and one-shots in total, you could make 2 tracks of 15 and never have to change those tracks, just arrange all you cue points.
    i have just manged to sync Traktor & Ableton on one mac & boy does this open up alot of possibilities. Shit, i can not only sync up all loops between programs but i can play frickin midi instruments. This live set approach is amazing and will require alot of prework & setting up but is def worth it in the end. Thanks!