Traktor BPMs and Search!?!?!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor BPMs and Search!?!?!?

So I useed to use VDJ and now I have traktor pro and I cont navigate through traktor to find my music for the life of me. In VDJ I could type in the artist or even part of the song title and a list would come up. Any way Traktor can do this? Also I found several songs with different BPMs in VDJ than they are in Traktor like 63bpm in T and 128 in VDJ. I almost want to go back to VDJ everything seems easier and more navigation friendly...

Theres a search bar on the left hand side by the library
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

you have to beatgrid your tracks and set the bpm yourself if it's off. check out the "Traktor Bible" if there is anything else you need. it is the place to go for info. also NI's forum is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    Theres a search bar on the left hand side by the library
    yea i noticed.. mine doesn't seem to work for shit. Ive noticed that some people navigate through iTunes, is that something I should be doing...?

Quote Originally Posted by DJBanyon View Post
    you have to beatgrid your tracks and set the bpm yourself if it's off. check out the "Traktor Bible" if there is anything else you need. it is the place to go for info. also NI's forum is helpful.
    thx

once your tracks are analysed in traktor there should be no issues with the search function. that may be the problem.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You don't need to analyze the search, I don't think. Click on the little magnifying glass next to the search bar and make sure the little dot is next to All.

Traktor's BPM scan can be finicky. Go into your preferences and change the range to something like 100-180. That should give you more numbers correct.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

i find if you play alot of genres with different bpm ranges change it to 80 to 159

that way you wont need to multiply or divide bpms that were analyzed wrong

Yes the search is selected for all. I do have my music all in a folder called music on my desktop, should it all be in My Music? I do have a lot of different genres ranging from 60 to 180 bpms if I change it wont that effect everything within those high and ow ranges?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Do you have your music added to the Traktor collection also? I need to be in front of Traktor to troubleshoot this and unfortunately my job doesn't let me DJ

I narrowed mine down also, and I spin everything from 50bpm to 200 bpm also. But the thing is that I have a LOT more tracks between 100 and 180 than between 50 and 90, y'know what I mean?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

yea I get ya, I am still pretty new. Changing the bpms, will that speed up the song or slow down?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast