Headaches... Anybody got any light to shed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Headaches... Anybody got any light to shed

I'm trying to map a button to toggle 8 pads between deck A and Deck B cuepoints. I've been trying the modifier way but it is only hold... I'm new to tPro, having just bumped up from 3 this week. Is this even possible?

Tech Guru

hmm, I believe this will be done with modifiers. First of all, what version of TPro do you have? and what device?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer Miyagi View Post
    I'm trying to map a button to toggle 8 pads between deck A and Deck B cuepoints. I've been trying the modifier way but it is only hold... I'm new to tPro, having just bumped up from 3 this week. Is this even possible?
    Possible to do A and B with modifiers

or by using the pads to trigger the deck in focus, you could get all 4 decks if you wanted, but that would depend on if you want LED feedback or not.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

whattup man. you back in raleigh town... anyways yea just bumped to 1.2.1
    I'm tryna do it on the midifighter. Trying is the key word.

Yea. Well I'm also trying to map effect on/offs on the top part of the midifighter. So going the deck focus route could mean trouble when it comes to the effects units... or am I missing something.

You could do it with the mapping improvements that Traktor has made. Just make sure that all the hotcue trigger targets are focus, and the FX's targets are each deck.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

ok new problem.. how do I make the "shift" button a toggle rather than a hold. toggle isn't listed. this is driving me crazy

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

first off what midi device are you mapping this function to?
    cause for example if its a M-Audio keyboard there's a foot pedal input,
    there midi foot pedals are sold used for like $20, order it.

Map a modifier "shift" & make it the held footpedal
    map the A-B cues to Modifier 0
    and the C-D to Modifier 1

Yea, I'm using the midifighter. just trying to have: on scene 1... 8 bottom buttons for hotcues 1-8 for deck A. 7 of the top ones being used for effect on/off. 1 button for "shift" then toggle the shift to have: 8 bottom buttons for hotcues 1-8 for deck B and then the effects.

Can't get the modifier to be anything other than hold. and I can't figure it out. Starting to think it can't be done

Tech Guru

Yeah man, I'm back in Raleigh again... Somehow all my classes got dropped though, so I'm trying to fix shit...

This is definitely possible (modifiers are what allows Ean to switch his VCI-100 to juggle or fader fx mode). I believe there is a shift ability built into Eans tsi in the forum for the midifighter? Maybe you can dl that and take a look at how he does it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast