Any chance of getting acrylic design file?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Any chance of getting acrylic design file?

Is there any chance that DJTT could post/make available whatever CAD file exists for manufacturing the top acrylic? I'm planning on customizing a MidiFighter with some extra analog controls (which means custom acrylic to extend it slightly) and it would be nice to have that as a starting point to make sure the 16 button holes and LED holes line up properly and such. Since hacking the units is encouraged and the hardware/software is open source anyways, hopefully the design file(s) could be also?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

You betcha

There is now a sticky with the design files attached

Cheers
    Mike

While PDFs are a lot better than nothing (thanks!), our machine needs G-code to manufacture a new panel, is it possible to get the original file that was used to create these PDFs so it can be modified, rather than having to re-draw the whole thing in CAD from a PDF reference?

I actually used PDF's as the design file for our Acrylic vendor however he may well have just drawn them up from the PDF's in whatever format his machine used.

Are DXF's any help?

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    I actually used PDF's as the design file for our Acrylic vendor however he may well have just drawn them up from the PDF's in whatever format his machine used.

Are DXF's any help?
    DXFs are perfect if you can provide them! They're easy to convert to G-code, which our laser likes.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SarahEmm View Post
    DXFs are perfect if you can provide them! They're easy to convert to G-code, which our laser likes.
    Styleflip.com replied to my email and said they would prefer to use a DFX file as well to create custom skins; and that if I sent the .dfx files they could add the Midi Fighter to their lineup of skinnable gear too. Let me know if DJTT is cool with that. I can also forward the message from styleflip.com if DJTT would like to contact them directly?

Soooo... any word on the DXFs, midifidler? *anxious to get working on her midifighter mods*

Sorry Sarah I missed your reply the other day - I will upload them tomorrow!

Hey RCUS,

Could you forward me the email from Style-Flip please ?

Cheers,

Damn, 'Fidler, this is even beyond your wildest of dreams!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast