Long shot, does anyone know about projectors (and design)?
    Tech Guru

Default Long shot, does anyone know about projectors (and design)?

(Before I write this post and I get people saying it shouldnt be in this forum I just want to say that it is to do with DJing.)

I have a projector that has a slight problem and was wondering if anyone knows about them or could point me in the right direction as to who might know. Basically about 2 thirds of the screen has a yellow tint to it. It says that the lightbulb has hundreds of light-hours left. I opened it up and from what I can see it only requires one bulb and, again from what I can see it looks fine, nothing looks blown (but then I dont now about these things).
    I called a repair place and they said its going to cost like 100 quid just to look at it. Fuck that!
    SO, just wondering if by any slim chance anyone knows a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 when it comes to this kinda thing?

And I guess it's pretty obvious but the reason this post is to do with DJing is cos I want to use it for visuals at the place I DJ at. Which leads me on to the design thing. Is there anyone on this site who knows how to put together any of that moving visual shit you get in nightclubs? Or is there any software that's pretty straight forward to learn so I could it myself?

Thanks

If you have a second computer to use, you can use this:

http://www.vusic.com/index.htm

You route the Record out from the mixer into an input on the second computer and it does visuals to the beat.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

A strong shift in color on a computer connection is an indication that you are not getting the compliment to that color into the machine.

The three colors that are sent over a VGA cable are red, green, and blue.

The compliments are cyan, magenta, and yellow.

Red/Cyan - Green/Magenta - Blue/Yellow

You said yellow is the color of choice - so the blue cable is the one that has the issue.

This connection issue could be in MANY LOCATIONS! It is most often in the cable between the computer and the projector, but it could be internal to the projector or internal to the PC. So, the best thing to try first is a laptop with a short VGA cable (a new one!) hooked up directly to the projector.

Hopefully it is a different laptop than what you currently use. See if the color issue persists with these two changes... My bet is that it won't.
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

Quote Originally Posted by Be-Ne-Dek View Post
    A strong shift in color on a computer connection is an indication that you are not getting the compliment to that color into the machine.
    He also did say that it was on 2/3 of the screen though, not the entire screen, so I'm betting that it's internal to the projector and not fixed with cables or input issues. Could be an expensive fix if it is internal.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Please provide more information: What laptop/model projector/connection type. Otherwise we're swinging blindly. Check your cables first (easiest and cheapest option) and work from there. If it's a S-Video, component wtv, check your pins see that nothing is broken or bent. I thought it would be an all or nothing regarding color translation. 2/3 of a particular color indicates that it's a connection issue more so than a chip. How long have you used this setup...move it around a lot lately?

Tech Guru

thanks for your responses. ok, its definitely an internal issue with the projector as when you turn it on without any device attached there is a blue screen with the brand logo and the menu options. the blue screen has the yellow tint to it. so its definitely a problem with the projector. i was given the projector and had it for a few years, its just been sitting around and so now have decided it would be useful if i could sort it out.
    i have tried all the menu options and colour settings. im pretty savvi when it comes to working electronic equipment out... when they are not faulty. and i can confirm that it is indeed faulty so this is beyond my knowledge. i live in london by the way so if anyone knows a decent repair place who aren't going to charge silly money just to look at the thing that'd be good. or if after what i have just said, if anyone knows what might be up that would be even better.

thanks