traktor pro running on windows 7? -stable?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default traktor pro running on windows 7? -stable?

hey guys,

i've been searching for an answer if traktor pro (actually, i'm running 1.2.1) is working on windows 7.
    found some older entries on this plattform, that showed positive results on this.
    they were all written just after the release of windows 7, but afterwards i found no long-term test concerning this issue.

anyone experiences on this so far?
    tired of vista being buggy and slow...

thanks so far

Tech Mentor

I made to switch to win 7 from vista and it's much much better. No problems with traktor pro at all, and I've yet to make it crash (emphasis on make) whereas with vista if you weren't careful with the midi out bug it'd bite you in the ass during a gig.

Tech Wizard

Same here. i was running XP and got random crashes. Switched to 7 and couldnt even make it crash and i tried.

BUT then catstrophy struck when the video on that laptop died. I am now using a celeron laptop and get random crashes. But i also think its my m-audio conectiv card. we'll see when i get the money for the audio 8

AFAIK win 7 is very Traktor friendly since very early beta release of win 7. The reason you didn't hear any notes from then on is simply by: everybody is just happy the way it is.

WinXP used to be prefered OS for DAW systems when there was nothing else than Vista (sry linux guys), nowadays you can make your DAW system on win 7 or win XP, but to tell which is better you need to test it to see for yourself... however probably u cant go wrong if u choose Win 7.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Mentor

As an aside, the only issue I've had with win 7 is with ableton live 8 - there's major cpu useage for no reason and it spikes much higher than it should, to the point where it's unuseable with just a couple of audio tracks. But, if you run it in compatibility mode->vista everything's fine.

I can confirm that I have zero issues with Traktor under Windows 7. Been running the RC pretty much since it became available and I'm loving it. Works very well for all things, Traktor included. Running Scratch Pro if it matters.

Tech Mentor

I love W7 its stupidly stable. Im using 1.2.2 since 1.2.3 is garbage. I also use game booster which helps immensely.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

thanks for your quick replies,
    made my decision.

good news are always welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by n2hf1st View Post
    with vista if you weren't careful with the midi out bug it'd bite you in the ass during a gig.
    Do you have some info on that bug ? I'm running vista and will switch from T3 (no issues) to TPRO soon, I'd rather not have nasty surprises.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you use a MIDI translator or pipe like Bome's or (I believe) MIDI-Ox to route the controller into Traktor it seems to get rid of that bug.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast