Remote SL - TKS files ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Remote SL - TKS files ??

Hi everyone,

First off I want to pre-emptively inform everyone that I am a virgin to digital DJ'ing ... The furthest i've got is using a mouse in traktor. However I am familiar with midi controllers as I use and have used cubase SX 3 for the past 2 years.

I recently DL'd the traktor demo and then went ahead and purchased a Novation ReMOTE 25 SL ...

I then downloaded the .tks files from djtechtools to use with my new squeeky clean Remote 25 midi controller.

I followed the directions on the site and pressed the load button and selected the TKS file inside of the folder I downloaded from Djtechtools.

I then attempted to use my Remote 25 and nothing reacted ...

Is this because I also have to manually set the midi inside of the Remote as well?

Or did I do something else wrong. I can't start, stop or anything with the remote after loading up these tks files.

What is this virgin doing wrong?

Well if you download tks files from DjTT they are most likely for the Vestax VCI-100.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

LOL ...

I said I was a virgin , not illiterate hahaha ... thanks for the help though. I suppose its better to get one response than none.

This is where I DL'd the TKS files ... they're all layed out for multiple controllers )
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/03/1...r-controllers/

I feel that in the near future it would be helpful to have some sort of "beginners section" on this site ... This way I wouldn't have to annoy folks with my novice questions.

just my .02 cents ...

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Assuming you've loaded the .tks into Traktor, with it recognizing the Remote because you turned it on before you loading up the software, we'll move on from there.

Make sure that Traktor is recognizing the Remote SL at all. Make sure it is checked in the MIDI Interfaces window as an IN, at least, and go to the MIDI setup window.

If there is nothing there, load the TKS. If there is, go to Add - Deck - Transport - Deck Play and focus it on A. Hit Learn, and press any key. As long as it recognizes something you should be good and Deck A should play. This is all, of course, troubleshooting stuff. IF it doesn't work then it isn't recognizing the Remote SL at all anyway and we have to go from there.

If it does then you might have the wrong octaves chosen on the Remote SL. Cross reference what note is coming out of the Learn function when you press that key with whatever note is already set for Traktor. If they aren't the same then that could do it right there.

Let me know what you find :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

And not to add confusion, but I have a Remote SL 25 and it does have its own configuration pages. You may need to choose the correct config page (on the hardware). Try to choose one that is default midi (not a preset for say ableton or cubase. I do not have it in front of me so I am sorry that I can not give you exact instructions on how to confirm this.

DVLS - Sorry about the late reply ... I had ran off to work after asking for your help. I did as you said and now traktor is recognizing the Remote. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by McRossi View Post
    And not to add confusion, but I have a Remote SL 25 and it does have its own configuration pages. You may need to choose the correct config page (on the hardware). Try to choose one that is default midi (not a preset for say ableton or cubase. I do not have it in front of me so I am sorry that I can not give you exact instructions on how to confirm this.
    Yes ... that is something i was going to bring up ... I'm not familiar with the keys normally assigned with these TKS files - however it seems as though not all the controls are accounted for.

I still need to spend more time with this setup as it is - however do these presets on the controller interfere with the traktor TKS settings??
    Last edited by metaverse; 09-26-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Congrats. Now, make us all a mix :-) I demand lots of beats followed by naked women! I've been told the Remote has these powers

Make it so! :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hi all.

I'm wondering if Ean's .tks file is available, the one which he uses for the sl25 as seen in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeevazoXGMg

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mishmashmole View Post
    Hi all.

I'm wondering if Ean's .tks file is available, the one which he uses for the sl25 as seen in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeevazoXGMg

Thanks in advance.
    Check this page out

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/03/1...r-controllers/

The one there says it was designed by Keng, not Ean. I think I have tried Keng's before. I am looking for Ean's.

Thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast