Issue with Vci-300 Tempo Slider
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Issue with Vci-300 Tempo Slider

Hello everyone...

Just yesterday I purchased a VCI-300. This was a used item, but everything was working etc.

I noticed that the tempo slider on deck a is off. When I bring the slider to the (0) position it does not turn on the light indicating that I am back to the original tempo and it does not bring me back to the original tempo, by ear, either.

I may get flamed for this, but I am a newb with this product..... Am I missing something or does it sound like I have a problem?

Note: When the slider, on deck A, is set to +5(%) it seems to match up and turn on the light that indicates that I am back to original tempo.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am running Itch 1.1 as well.

Tech Convert

Bump! Sorry.....

Tech Convert

Bump again!

Has this never happened to any of you VCI-300 users??
    Should I contact Vestax?

Tech Mentor

Have you got the VCI300 on the correct pitch range?

Itch on the VCI handles the selection of pitch ranges in a really wierd way. It's always +/- 6% but it's not always centred around 0. It's quite tricky to explain, .....go & look it up in the manual.

Make sure you're using the pitch control in the range centred around 0, by using the two small buttons near the pitch control to switch back to the correct range
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by thisisian View Post
    Have you got the VCI300 on the correct pitch range?

Itch on the VCI handles the selection of pitch ranges in a really wierd way. It's always +/- 6% but it's not always centred around 0. It's quite tricky to explain, .....go & look it up in the manual.

Make sure you're using the pitch control in the range centred around 0, by using the two small buttons near the pitch control to switch back to the correct range
    On Deck B the pitch slider is always centered @ zero. On Deck A the pitch slider doesnt zero out, according to itch / vci-300, until around about +5% on the physical slider, that is when the green light that indicates the pitch is back to zero is turned on.

Tech Mentor

You've push the range out I think. press the buttons (little indent ones next to the slider) o and RTFM should tell you if it's a feature or an error.

Tech Convert

Remote,

I appreciate the help, but as a consequence of being new to this and the product for that matter, I am not sure what RTFM means and o?

RTFM means read the fucking manual. haha, not trying to be rude

Tech Guru

Although in all honesty, even Skratchworx talked about the issue this guy is having, so I bet it's not even covered in the manual being that the editor had to email them to find out what was going on :P

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

yo - also a new vci300 owner - have you checked if you got the latest firmware update? (the update also helps if you wanna use it's soundcard with traktor) but sounds like you've hit pitch-shift and need to set it back to 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast