Traktor expert needed for multiple questions
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor expert needed for multiple questions

There's a few questions I have regarding traktor so instead of starting a thread for each one I thought I'd put them all in one.

I've already started a thread asking if 3 decks can be launched by pushing 3 separate buttons at the same time on a USB QWERTY keyboard so if anyone knows the answer to that then great.

Next question; If I manually set up a loop on the fly using the "in" and "out" buttons, is there a way of keeping that loop there without permanently storing it? I ask because when you hit a stored cue button the loop disappears. I don't want it to disappear until that track is no longer in the deck (kinda like a CDJ 1000).

Next question; This doesn't happen all the time and I'm sure there's a reason behind it but I can't seem to suss out any consistency as to when it does it, and it's something I need to know as to when it will do it as I don't want it happening when I play live... or at all for that matter!... Sometimes in internal mode if I repeatedly press play/pause or a hot cue button, so getting a stutter type effect, the pitch jumps up and down every time the button is pushed and eventually will end up right at the bottom of the pitch fader so the track is really slow. If I have 2 or more decks sync'd they'll all do it together. If this is some kind of feature then I can't see the benefit but anyway, if someone knows whats going on there then that would be helpful.

Next question: Is there a way of having all decks sync'd when booting up Traktor as opposed to doing manually (not a big deal but it would be nice if there was a way). I'd especially like decks C & D to always be sync'd unless I tell it otherwise.

Next question: This one is going to be hard to explain so not expecting anyone to know the answer unless they maybe set it up the same way to see what I am talking about. I have my loop "in" button mapped to automatically set a 4 bar loop when pressed. If I want it to be longer I use the "+" or "-" buttons to double it in length or halve it in length, I also can use the "out" button to adjust the loop end length manually. Now, my question is this; say I load a track and it loads to cue point 1, I hit the "in" button to make 4 a bar loop, if I hit play at the wrong place and need to do it again I'll hit cue point 1, meaning I have to reset the loop (which is what I covered in question 1), so I hit the loop "in" button again, but it will only do the 4 bar loop if I hit the "in" button twice. BUT, if I do this process again I only have to hit the "in" button once. So basically I have to hit the "in" button twice on every second time around. What I am going to say is obvious, I want to hit the button only once every time. Anyone?

Sorry for long post but at least I saved writing multiple threads. I'm sure more questions will come up and I'll be sure to add them to this post when they arise.

Thanks

Next question; If I manually set up a loop on the fly using the "in" and "out" buttons, is there a way of keeping that loop there without permanently storing it? I ask because when you hit a stored cue button the loop disappears. I don't want it to disappear until that track is no longer in the deck (kinda like a CDJ 1000).

For this question i think you would need to store it to access it again. as far as i know traktor wont let you have multiple unsaved cue/loop points on a track.

Tech Guru

Next question: Is there a way to map pitch up and down buttons? Im sure there is but I cant seem to find them in the controller manager. As a side note to that question; is there a way to have it only operate the master deck?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by daveripley View Post

For this question i think you would need to store it to access it again. as far as i know traktor wont let you have multiple unsaved cue/loop points on a track.
    Bummer! But thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    if 3 decks can be launched by pushing 3 separate buttons at the same time on a USB QWERTY keyboard
    afaik, yes

If I manually set up a loop on the fly using the "in" and "out" buttons, is there a way of keeping that loop there without permanently storing it?
    no, why not just store it though?

if I repeatedly press play/pause or a hot cue button, so getting a stutter type effect, the pitch jumps up and down every time the button is pushed and eventually will end up right at the bottom of the pitch fader so the track is really slow. If I have 2 or more decks sync'd they'll all do it together. If this is some kind of feature then I can't see the benefit but anyway, if someone knows whats going on there then that would be helpful.
    sounds like there's 2 bindings for one key. the same button you're pressing for the hot cue may be mapped for a pitch down function? if you mean when you're pressing the actual hot cue button in the interface, it may be trying to sync the "bpm" that you're hitting it at, and the bpm that the decks are synced at.

Next question: Is there a way of having all decks sync'd when booting up Traktor as opposed to doing manually (not a big deal but it would be nice if there was a way). I'd especially like decks C & D to always be sync'd unless I tell it otherwise.
    afaik, no

if I hit play at the wrong place and need to do it again I'll hit cue point 1, meaning I have to reset the loop (which is what I covered in question 1), so I hit the loop "in" button again, but it will only do the 4 bar loop if I hit the "in" button twice. BUT, if I do this process again I only have to hit the "in" button once. So basically I have to hit the "in" button twice on every second time around. What I am going to say is obvious, I want to hit the button only once every time. Anyone?[/quote]
    use sync so you don't hit play at the wrong time?
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Wow, okay, most of the questions have been answered already.

I think the Sync problem might be an issue with your clock setting. Do you have it set to Internal, Automatic or Manual? Does this happen when you hit the cue points and Sync is off? Does the Sync problem happen only when you press down and reset when you release?

I think the loop problem might be tied to what commands you have each button set to. Does it not reset the loop? Or does it not set the loop to Active?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

To hypnotik, so you're saying you can hit 3 or more play buttons at the same time? Cos mine aint working man. If I hit 3 or more buttons at the same time only 2 will play. If I hold all 3 or 4 buttons down nothing plays until I let go, and when I do still only 2 decks play. If I hold down only 2 buttons, 2 decks will play regardless of whether I let go or not.

I don't want to store some loop points cos thats he whole point of me doing it on the fly, I have certain loop points stored but I don't preplan a set to the point of every loop point being the same every time. I might be mixing and run into a drop and loop the previous track to make the mix work then come out of the loop, let the 2 tracks run together, then later in the mix I might want to jump back to that loop as the crowd will remember it from the initial mix, ya know?

Definitely not got 2 things mapped to the hot cue buttons. It only happens sometimes and doesnt just go down, it goes up and down but the down steps seem to be bigger then the up steps so inevitably will get slower. Didnt quite understand what you mean by the decks and the bpm thing. It happened on the master deck and I tried it with the no other decks sync'd or playing. So basically one deck playing on its own (set to master) and I repeatedly hit a hot cue button and every time I hit it the pitch was jumping all over the shop. Might have been a glitch/bug cos it doesnt do it all the time. I've only noticed it a couple of times. Will keep an eye on it.

Thanks for your help so far

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I understand what you mean by doing it on the fly, but if you know that you're using a loop you might use now, why not save it and then delete it later?

Once you select a new active cue, you lose your unsaved cue point. Just the way of things. I understand what you're saying, but the idea of saving the cue point requires you to save the cue.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Wow, okay, most of the questions have been answered already.

I think the Sync problem might be an issue with your clock setting. Do you have it set to Internal, Automatic or Manual? Does this happen when you hit the cue points and Sync is off? Does the Sync problem happen only when you press down and reset when you release?

I think the loop problem might be tied to what commands you have each button set to. Does it not reset the loop? Or does it not set the loop to Active?
    Ah ha!! I have had it on auto mode whilst mixing internally. I should obviously have it on internal mode shouldnt I?
    I've just realised that I switch between internal mode and scratch mode during my sets. What the best way around this??
    Thanks

The loop thing I think can't be sorted, I got a feeling NI probably haven't thought about this particular workflow. Its not a massive deal really
    Thanks again
    Last edited by dodge; 01-11-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I understand what you mean by doing it on the fly, but if you know that you're using a loop you might use now, why not save it and then delete it later?

Once you select a new active cue, you lose your unsaved cue point. Just the way of things. I understand what you're saying, but the idea of saving the cue point requires you to save the cue.
    The reason I don't want to save the loops I make on the fly is cos I have like 3 days worth of music in one folder as I do big long 5 hour+ sets. If I took the time to go through every track I played in one night deleting all the loop points I only used for that one gig, It would get a bit silly. Another reason is you have to unlock a track in order to delete a cue point.... LENGTHY!! I have been reading up and NI are apparently changing it so you dont have to unlock a track to delete a cue point in their next update. When this happens I might then start saving cue points I made on the fly as I will also be able to delete them on the fly too.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast