keylock???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: keylock???

  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default keylock???

    what is the purpose of keylock as im reading that people can't live without it?.


    thanx in advance

  2. #2
    Tech Guru basspenetrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Marburg/Germany
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    if you slow down a track with the pitch fader, the harmony stays the same but the tempo changes.
    Setup: TP 2, VCI-400 EGE, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, iPad 2, Aiaiai Tma-1 // Launchpad, Ecler Smac32, 2 CDJ900, Presonus Firebox, KRK Rokit 8 //
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

  3. #3
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    When you speed a track up it stops it from sounding like Mickey Mouse.

  4. #4
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    what is the purpose of keylock as im reading that people can't live without it?.


    thanx in advance
    Keeps your shit from getting stolen, I use them on my front door and it works wonders!

  5. #5
    Tech Guru basspenetrator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Marburg/Germany
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmauve View Post
    Keeps your shit from getting stolen, I use them on my front door and it works wonders!
    lol
    Setup: TP 2, VCI-400 EGE, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, iPad 2, Aiaiai Tma-1 // Launchpad, Ecler Smac32, 2 CDJ900, Presonus Firebox, KRK Rokit 8 //
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

  6. #6
    DJTT Moderator Dude Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    12,370

    Default

    if you change a tracks tempo by more than 6% it alters the key and as mentioned, can make your vocals sound like t-pain... er alvin & the chipmunks. keylock is a good idea if you muck around with the tempo a bit but if you run tracks in a similar bpm range, turn it off.
    Acer E5 i7 2TB 16GB ~ 512GB SSD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ X1 ~ DN-X1600 ~ X1 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ AT2020 MIC

    "This aggression will not stand, man."

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ View Post
    if you change a tracks tempo by more than 6% it alters the key and as mentioned, can make your vocals sound like t-pain... er alvin & the chipmunks. keylock is a good idea if you muck around with the tempo a bit but if you run tracks in a similar bpm range, turn it off.
    thanx i think i understand now.so if i have 2 tracks in the same key but i had to pitch 1 of them +12% to match the bpm of the next if i locked the key of the +12 track before pitching it then it would sound naturally smooth?not grainy at all?:eek:im new to this so apologies....and thanx...

  8. #8
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    924

    Default

    assuming their keys were identical or relevant/complimentary to each other, yes. and of course, assuming either of the tracks are out of tune to begin with, sometimes they can be.

  9. #9
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calvin01 View Post
    thanx i think i understand now.so if i have 2 tracks in the same key but i had to pitch 1 of them +12% to match the bpm of the next if i locked the key of the +12 track before pitching it then it would sound naturally smooth?not grainy at all?:eek:im new to this so apologies....and thanx...
    If you already got traktor or a CDJ just try it out for yourself. You'll see what it does

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default

    A key is an instrument that is used to open a lock. A typical key consists of two parts: the blade, which slides into the keyway of the lock and distinguishes between different keys, and the bow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •