Cross Fader vs Line Faders
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cross Fader vs Line Faders

I was going to post this in the Mappings section however its a two part question.

I'm using Eans tsi - Version 2_5 for Traktor Pro Version 1.2

When using my cross fader, if I nudge it in either direction from center it Immediately goes 100% in that direction. Its not a gradual transition. I figured this might be feature for scratch DJ's, however im just straight up mixing EDM and would like the cross fader to behave in a linear fashion.

How can I change this?

This leads me to my next question, A lot of the DJ's I have watched in my area like to mix just using the line faders rather than the cross faders. How many people here mix this way, and how many use the cross fader?
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

try the knob on the back of the vci, when all the way right it turns the x-fade into a 3 point switch, left, middle, right. the further left it's turned the more positions in puts into the faders movement.
    even though i play housey stuff this is how i use mine, just like it that way.

also check the faders settings in traktor, as the curve can be adjusted there to.

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Nice, Thankyou, ill check it out!
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Tech Mentor

My opinion on the matter between xfader vs line fader. I spin alot of hardstyle, Hard Techno, Hard House and Hardcore (also getting into freeform). With those styles you really alot of variety with how you do transitions. I use the xfader when Im quick cuts since to me they sound better. I use to the line fader to rapidly smash a track into the mix and have them ride. Using the xfader to cue juggle between multiple decks is alot better than using the line faders. Its all in what you spin, how you spin it, and who taught you as a DJ. MY style is heavily influenced from alot of the local legends in the NY Rave scene.
    Silly DJ loops are for kids!

I don;t use the X Fader for mixing. I use the Line Faders. Its just the way i mix.

I have the X Fader set to REALLY sharp for scratching etc.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

i only use the cross fader for emergencies haha
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

there was a big thread on crossfader vs linefader a couple months ago if you are interested.....

Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 01-12-2010 at 09:45 AM.
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Fixed the link so it goes to the first page of the thread
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I use both?
    I found I got cleanest transitions when I learned to do both with one hand sliding up and over at the same time, but I don't always do this - I think both have their place

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast