Two things that seriously bother me about Traktor Midi/Hotkeys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Two things that seriously bother me about Traktor Midi/Hotkeys

1) I've never figured out how to make a single button activates/deactivates a loop with a loop size other than the default loop size. "Deck Loop" does what I want, but always for my default size of 4 beats. I can't figure out how to make a second button that acts the same, but selects another loop size. With the other looping options the activate/loop size select options always get out of sync. For example, the button will be activating the loop, but deactivating the loop size. SO ANNOYING.

2) Setting Global Master Tempo / Deck Master/Slave is a chore. I always wind up just using my mouse to do this. I also don't understand what Traktor is trying to tell me with the beat sync indicator line above the deck when I have the decks in slave mode and the global master selected. The beat sync indicators above each deck go crazy until I deselect the global master. I must need to use the tap or tick button or something, I just don't get it though.

...Oh and one more thing. Why is the Traktor manual so useless?
    Myspace: B33SON
    Myspace: B33 Events
    Facebook: B33SONB33
    YouTube: Mix Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    1) I've never figured out how to make a single button activates/deactivates a loop with a loop size other than the default loop size.
    Surely mapping "Loop Size Slot #2" (or whatever it's called) and "Loop Activate" to the same key would do what you want?

...Oh and one more thing. Why is the Traktor manual so useless?
    It's not useless, it's just written to tell you *what* the software does, not *why* you'd want to do that or how to create the effects you're looking for. It's a typical tech reference manual - you have to fill in the gaps yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Surely mapping "Loop Size Slot #2" (or whatever it's called) and "Loop Activate" to the same key would do what you want?

It's not useless, it's just written to tell you *what* the software does, not *why* you'd want to do that or how to create the effects you're looking for. It's a typical tech reference manual - you have to fill in the gaps yourself.
    I'll try your suggestion, but I'm pretty sure I've tried that combination before and somehow the activate and size button will get out of sync. One will be on and the other off.

So, what I meant by "the reference manual is useless" is that there is no section that explains what each Midi/Hotkey shortcut does (My post was about Traktor Midi/Hotkeys). Yes, I know you can someone guess what each one does, but a lot of them you just have to use trial and error to figure out which Traktor setting is being affected.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I second you on your feeling about the referene manual...
    At least you get the feeling of accomplishment when you finally figure it our I guess.
    I just got looping working like you described last night.

I think you use the control " DECK LOOP LENGTH", change the type to direct, and select "button" again, then a box with a value which the button sends pops up, by changing this value you change the loop length which the buttons selects.

Hope this helps,

If you still cant get it working PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post

+1

for both

so +2

Quote Originally Posted by Midifidler
    I second you on your feeling about the referene manual...
    At least you get the feeling of accomplishment when you finally figure it our I guess.
    I don't understand what the problem with the manual is? It's not like it's 15 pages of a quick run through...? Maybe if you guys were more specific on what you don't like, Native_Girl (who writes the manual) can try to make it better?

I thought they were pretty specific - they want a description of what each midi function does inside of Traktor without having to play with each one to work out what exactly it does.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I thought they were pretty specific - they want a description of what each midi function does inside of Traktor without having to play with each one to work out what exactly it does.
    My bad...you're right...Mycole did explain

Quote Originally Posted by mycole View Post
    So, what I meant by "the reference manual is useless" is that there is no section that explains what each Midi/Hotkey shortcut does (My post was about Traktor Midi/Hotkeys). Yes, I know you can someone guess what each one does, but a lot of them you just have to use trial and error to figure out which Traktor setting is being affected.
    I think it's a little harsh to say that the whole manual is useless because of one point you have with it.

As a matter of fact, I posted about this in their Feature Request section back in June: http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=66981

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    My bad...you're right...Mycole did explain
    I think it's a little harsh to say that the whole manual is useless because of one point you have with it.
    [/url]
    I agree it was quite harsh too, the manual is a holy item even if it isn't that useful for when your getting knee deep in midi mappings.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I agree it was quite harsh too, the manual is a holy item even if it isn't that useful for when your getting knee deep in midi mappings.
    Sorry, the thread was about Midi/Hotkey mappings, so when I said "Why is the manual so useless?" I should have added "on this topic" or "for deciphering Midi/Hotkey mappings".

Apparently, I was too lazy or tired to finish my sentence... probably because I was up all night trying to figure out Midi mappings!

Hey guys,
    I thought i might as well use this thread for one hotkey question.
    I was going to add some hotkeys just now but when i tried it i only could map the numbers and none of the other buttons.
    Do you know why this is?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast