Toggle LED's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toggle LED's

Default Toggle LED's

Lovin the midifighter... I just mapped it (with the help of DvlsAdvct) so that I have the bottom 8 buttons for hotcues on deck A, 7 of the top 8 buttons are used for effect on/offs. And then the top left button toggles it from deck A to deck B and changes the effect on/offs from units 1 & 3 to 2 & 4. I'm wondering, is there anyway to change the LED on that top left button so that it stays lit when I'm on deck B and off when I'm on A.

I've been wondering the same thing so if anyone can help it would be doubly appreciated

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hmmm Im not sure how to map it to deck focus state, but if you are using a modifier you could have it reflect the modifier state?

You got any ideas Robin?

Yes. I am using a modifier. But how exactly would I do it... This will be the finishing touch on this mapping.

Tech Wizard

You would have to involve midi send somehow I imagine.
    That's probably a good place to start.
    But you probably already knew that.

I'm still at a loss here. It took me long enough to get my stuff all mapped to tPro that I had to take a break. Now I really need this light. I'm using a modifier but I don't know which midi note to put in for the led output. Any word...

Assuming you haven't changed the "BaseNote" value from the Menu Mode, the top-left key should be note C3 (note number 48). You need to map your LED event to C3 and have it toggle on DeckA rather than Deck Focus.

A very handwavy answer as I don't have my laptop here to test it, but that's the idea. A toggle event in Traktor turns on with a KeyDown/KeyUp event pair and turns off with the next KeyDown./KeyUp pair. So, your key should toggle the deck focus, but the LED wants to represent "DeckA" focus, so it'll be On when you are in DeckA and Off when you're not.

Hope that helps/actually works...

ha. now it just stays on all the time even after I deleted the midi function. What now? How do I set up the LED in the mapping?

when i do output there is no way to change to deck a or b it is only global...

I think this is a very handy way to do it, keep us posted with your progress. I would love to test that TSI file. I am rocking with Ean's setup at the moment and that works a treat too. : )

M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast