Dj Ean's modified MF - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

In the new design all those functions are now on the main PCB, you have 4 digital pins to play with, and four analog pins.

2 Joysticks use 2 analog each(x,y) so you will use all the analog up with the two joysticks, and the four buttons will use the 4 digital inputs up, this means for now you cant replicate the LED radio buttons exactly.

If you are really smart you could right a protocol to allow the main PCB to talk to another micro over the 4 digital pins and by doing that add virtually as many analog/Digital inputs as you want.

DJTT does plan to release further expansion products like that but you will have either to wait a while or DIY

In terms of the touch screen here is what I have found so far.

For 20 USD you can get a 4.3 " 4 wire touch screen from sparkfun

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8448

For another 4 USD you get a nice breakout pcb to connect the LCD to the midi fighter.
    http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=9224

With out going into to much detail on why the midi fighter needs to use all 4 digital pins and two analog pins to read the touch screen. It will also need a special code version.

I have some 14" touch screens from a project at work so I will aim to put together a tutorial over the next month on adding a touch screen x/y control to the midi fighter and of course include the code update to do this.

The good news is that it appears to be pretty achievable for anyone who can solder a few wires.

awesome! thanks again
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    If you are really smart you could right a protocol to allow the main PCB to talk to another micro over the 4 digital pins and by doing that add virtually as many analog/Digital inputs as you want...

...With out going into to much detail on why the midi fighter needs to use all 4 digital pins and two analog pins to read the touch screen. It will also need a special code version.

I have some 14" touch screens from a project at work so I will aim to put together a tutorial over the next month on adding a touch screen x/y control to the midi fighter and of course include the code update to do this.

The good news is that it appears to be pretty achievable for anyone who can solder a few wires.
    Thats the most exciting thing I've read all day.
    B-Matty | 2.53ghz Pc | 2.24ghz Macbook | 2 x Pioneer CDJ1000mk3's | Pioneer DJM400 | Serato Scratch Live 3 | Ableton Live 8 | Propellorheads Reason 4 | Carrillon 25-key | Standard MidiFighter

I agree!

Tech Wizard

Really thin strip controllers on the outer edges of the top cover would be awesome for tweawking out effects! So would an accelerometer in there!

Tech Student

xerxes, dude it'd be awesome if you could find a way to hook a WiiMote to it and use its accelerometer I've seen some crazy videos of people using wiimotes for stuff like that.

I did very nearly include an accelerometer in the design... maybe next edition. Once again if you can right a bit of C it would not be hard to mod the current one.

Tech Wizard

I may very well do that. (A real accelerometer.)
    I'll post the code if I do. Sounds like a good reading week project.
    That or duct-tape a wiimote to it and use osculator.
    That would be ghetto.

Awesome - just mod the digital expansion pins into an SPI port!

To run the digital pins as an SPI port, you need to set the UART into SPI mode. Check the AT90USB162 manual:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...ts/doc7707.pdf

Section 18, "USART in SPI mode", starting at page 173 in which you'll find this code snippet:

Code:
    void USART_Init( unsigned int baud )
    {
       UBRRn = 0;
       /* Setting the XCKn port pin as output, enables master mode. */
       XCKn_DDR |= (1<<XCKn);
       /* Set MSPI mode of operation and SPI data mode 0. */
       UCSRnC = (1<<UMSELn1)|(1<<UMSELn0)|(0<<UCPHAn)|(0<<UCPOLn);
       /* Enable receiver and transmitter. */
       UCSRnB = (1<<RXENn)|(1<<TXENn);
       /* Set baud rate. */
       /* IMPORTANT: The Baud Rate must be set after the transmitter is enabled
    */
       UBRRn = baud;
    }
    I may have overgeeked there a little bit...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast