Using the Vci-100 for an effects processor only
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Using the Vci-100 for an effects processor only

Has anyone ever thought of using only the effects on the vci 100 se? Im thinking it would be sick to have 2 cdj's an anologue mixer and the vestax used an effects processor similar to the pioneer efx1000 all running into traktor pro. I would probably run the vci-100 se on fader mode on one deck and juggle mode on the other half. I wouldnt even use the vci-100 eq buttons but would they interfere with the anologue mix? I would just want this so I could still beatmatch with the turntable feel cause it is one of my favorite parts about mixing!

Anaheim Hills, CA, Lake Havasu, Az, & Las Vegas, Nv

pretty expensive FX controller considering the new Kontrol X1... The efx1000 has built in effects that (in my opinion: somewhat) justify it's price... - Im a KP3 user I use it in & out of midi mode threw out my sets to access both traktors effects & it's built in effects so the controller price is justified. it would work, you'd just be throwing more than you need at no more control's than the X1 or even a X Session pro would cover.

Tech Guru

I commented on this type of thing in the past, when someone asked about the advantages of using two vci's. while I think it would be a lot of fun to have a 2nd dj to jam out, at 300 or more dollars I dont think the price is justified. I'm glad the x1 is only around 200, and I think it would work wonderfully along with a vci for control of decks 3/4 and effects 3/4

Yeah its a waste of money compared to x1. I think x1 is the best option yet for fx control so far..

Tech Guru

honestly, its not going to be as fun. Fader fx mode totally rocks, and I love it, and hell, if you are dj number 2, and you want to feel like you are actually doing something, the vci will give a lot more visual feedback on your performance... where, if you are just controlling the x1, people will assume your shits probably not even hooked up (justice). When you rock out on the vci, people notice.

yeah man, I've often used the VCI simply as an effects unit, and traktor controller when using timecode! makes a lot more sense...It's pretty easy to hit out cue points too (on the arcade).

If you've already got one, definitely use it. If you don't, and you have the cash - do it! becuase at least you can use it for parties in internal mode as well, so all is not lost!

Quote Originally Posted by belchman View Post
    yeah man, I've often used the VCI simply as an effects unit, and traktor controller when using timecode! makes a lot more sense...It's pretty easy to hit out cue points too (on the arcade).

If you've already got one, definitely use it. If you don't, and you have the cash - do it! becuase at least you can use it for parties in internal mode as well, so all is not lost!
    always wanted to do that, but when using timecode, its vinil and those TTs takes up usually all the space left in booth so i barely fit somewhere the laptop and soundcard... anybody thought of using some kind of laptop stand for VCI?
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    always wanted to do that, but when using timecode, its vinil and those TTs takes up usually all the space left in booth so i barely fit somewhere the laptop and soundcard... anybody thought of using some kind of laptop stand for VCI?

Sure!

I think Ean did a article about this....and showed that it can easily hold a VCI.

Cue Jamming on arcade buttons mind make it a bit tricky and wobbly.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Sure!

I think Ean did a article about this....and showed that it can easily hold a VCI.

Cue Jamming on arcade buttons mind make it a bit tricky and wobbly.
    thought so .... and this reminds me that i missed that laptop stand article... gotta go check it out
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    thought so .... and this reminds me that i missed that laptop stand article... gotta go check it out
    do it man! It's def on my list of things to buy, but at the mo I'm happy with chucking my oxygen/vci anywhere in the booth really.. If it doesnt hassle other DJs, I often use the CDJ stands for my controller - and usually put my laptop as far away as possible (ridding myself of the potential barrier..)

I'm not a huge fan of having the laptop in the middle anyway.. the whole cliche email checking thing.. for me it sits on the table to the side!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast