Vci-100se 3_0 mapping *beta*
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Smile Vci-100se 3_0 mapping *beta*

This mapping is no longer in beta and is officially launched. You can download the new mapping and provide feedback here:

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10733
    Last edited by EanGolden; 01-27-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Tech Convert

Hm, previous posted overlay picture (http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...ted-Layout.png) are different with new one

Tech Wizard

Great template, lot of streamlining and further optimizing of the VCI-100's possibilities. I've got a question for ya though:

How did you manage to get the function "Effect Button 1" to activate when the volume fader (in fx juggle mode) is turned all the way down? (so that the Delay echoes out)
    I've looked through the mapping file and the "Effect Button 1" function just isn't assigned to the midi-note that the volume fader emits - so how's it done?

Tech Guru

no routing through bome's .. so it goes.
    overall it looks nice, will play with it tomorrow.

side note:
    this mapping seems to make it even more important to get a foot pedal, since in this mapping shift is used for more and more stuff that i need to access quickly and more important where i might want to do stuff with my other hand.

would be great if you guys could look into USB foot pedal options and/or add foot pedal support to a future version of the midi fighter.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

Looks good! only thing I can comment on is the fact that you now have to toggle through the effects assign, rather than using the 4 buttons. I find myself changing those a lot, but I guess if i really make a move to using the 4 fx slots, I can just assign them ahead of time. I've gotten so used to turning those tiny knobs, i'm going to have to readjust myself haha for switching to juggle and fader fx.

Some quick questions. How does this workin in with 4 fx slots? How about with 4 deck control?

and, what is the glitch knob in the top right?

Tech Mentor

Without even trying it yet - major bummer for a lot of us....

The whole "lights blinking" or "lights lighting up to indicate" thing is so unfortunate for the windows users.

Having Midi Output set to the vci-100 (in order to make the lights works) windows users experience major crashes when for example using Fader FX Mode like crazy.
    by the way this has been covered in many threads

Hope the onscreen indication of Traktor will be enough to know what is going on - not having to rely on hte light indication of the vci.

Otherwise - looks great.
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

what is the zip for? the file in the zip is not tsi! someone?

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Tech Guru

Hey man we found a solution to this problem using Bomes and LoopBE1. Look it up on the forums and your random cut out on Windows will be no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon.R View Post
    Without even trying it yet - major bummer for a lot of us....

The whole "lights blinking" or "lights lighting up to indicate" thing is so unfortunate for the windows users.

Having Midi Output set to the vci-100 (in order to make the lights works) windows users experience major crashes when for example using Fader FX Mode like crazy.
    by the way this has been covered in many threads

Hope the onscreen indication of Traktor will be enough to know what is going on - not having to rely on hte light indication of the vci.

Otherwise - looks great.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    Hey man we found a solution to this problem using Bomes and LoopBE1. Look it up on the forums and your random cut out on Windows will be no more.
    Hey Abyrne,

Thx. I know of the solution. I had some randoms problems with stability after using bomes on one of my systems so I was working without it (you know, never touch a running system ).
    But yeah, I am aware that it works.
    A "official" solution would have been great (from NI).

Back to topic TSI 3_0: Going to try it out this evening and can hardly wait
    Macbook Pro 15 Retina _-_ 2x Technics 1210MK2 _-_ Traktor Scratch pro 2.6.1 _-_ Traktor Z2 Mixer _-_ 2x Traktor Kontrol X1 _-_ VCI-100 FW 1.3 _-_

Great work Ean, nice mapping!

a couple of things! I'm running Tpro 1.2.3 FW 1.3

" while holding down SLICE and ECHO try messing with the jog wheels. its way cool. "

Does no always work, most of the time I usually either get echo or slice very rarely they common together!

"to load presets 1-4, hold the preset and press the headphone button on the deck you want. Then, turn on fader FX to work with the preset."

Worked for me once and then stopped working! I cannot change the presets, only preset two stays on !

It would be great if you get the time to make a video of the whole layout and show us how everything works!

Thanks man!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast