Good logo designing techniques

Default Good logo designing techniques

I am looking to put a logo design with our name so that we can make business cards, create letterhead, and remake our website. What tips and techniques can you give me? My company name is Smack Sound Mobile DJs and we, as the name says, are mobile DJs. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by logo-designer View Post
    I am looking to put a logo design with our name so that we can make business cards, create letterhead, and remake our website. What tips and techniques can you give me? My company name is Smack Sound Mobile DJs and we, as the name says, are mobile DJs. Any ideas?
    logo is generaly thing worthy of investment, i would consider paying graphic designer to do it... How much, thats another question (i myself would pay 30-50$ but that depends on queen and country XD)
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    logo is generaly thing worthy of investment, i would consider paying graphic designer to do it... How much, thats another question (i myself would pay 30-50$ but that depends on queen and country XD)
    The best logo design advice anyone could ever get is to hire a designer to do it.

Think about it. It's the personal brand that represents you and your craft. People are going to instantly judge your skills, character, professionalism, and style upon looking at it. It's not easy to communicate that

$30-50US will get you something you'd probably do better yourself. And don't insult anyone by asking to have it done for that little.

A well-thought out and executed logo which will represent you well over many years will not be cheap and won't be done in an afternoon on Adobe Crackware 4. You or your friends probably know someone who can do stuff like this. Barter goods or services with them. I typically do work for friends in exchange for a good bottle of Scotch or Bourbon and some time to have a few rounds of it with them.

But then again, if you just need something for a few tiny black and white xerox or myspace fliers, knock yourself out with a web tutorial.

Tech Wizard

It really all depends on the level of professionalism you're currently at or want to achieve, also the style and goals of you personally. If you're making this into a career a logo and thus a brand is vital for you to be identified, as humans typically think in terms of symbols- relating words to images in their mind, you want something that people can commonly relate to you even if that is as simple as a specific font design.
    You only have to put yourself in the place of a potential promoter or venue who is considering to book you, say they have multiple options with whom they've never had experience with. The only thing you could make the decision on is the quality and talent of the mix, but almost equally as important is the first impression when you start evaluating what they have provided, an aesthetic cd, with a clean unique logo; alternatively a CDRW with marker scratched on it and a few PS layers filtered ontop of each other.
    Again just as with gear, you get what you pay for, then again for people passionate about what they're doing and looking to further themselves who don't have much money I know myself and most likely other designers would be more than willing to work with the DJ at some kind of balance.