New Traktor Modifier Conditions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Traktor Modifier Conditions?

I don't seem to recall anything in the changelogs... But there seems to be new modifier conditions that I wasn't aware of? I was fixing some issues /w the mapping for my Remote Zero, and I came across these, in addition to M1-M8:

Play/Pause for: Device Target, Deck A-D. Values of 0 or 1
    Is in Loop for: Device Target, Deck A-D. Values of 0 or 1
    FX Panel Mode for: FX Unit 1-4. Values of 0 or 1
    Deck Mode for: Device Target, Deck A-D. Values of 0, 1 or 2
    Tempo Range for: Device Target, Deck A-D. Values of 0 - 13

Am I the only one that missed these? At first glance, I'm thinking these will be really useful... Play/Pause especially is gonna help me resolve issues I've been having where my browse mode could interfere with my play mode. (Things like seeking through the playing track, not the preview, stopping the live track accidentally, etc).

I'm gonna have to look into what's possible w/ these...

Has anybody done any exploring? Also, just out of curiosity, when did these appear?

Cheers!

m.
    mixes at: http://soundcloud.com/psylozen

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning how to dance in the rain."

yeah they are new to 1.2.3

the traktor bible has an update pdf on using them that is rather useful.

i use them to have my play/pause button blink when track is playing and my cue button blink when it is not.

also use the in loop for led control also.

tons more could be done with these i imagine, in the process of mapping my apc

Tech Wizard

WAHHH! Ace!
    This might save me having to buy Bomes...
    Nice!!!
    Monsta

Quote Originally Posted by andy311 View Post
    yeah they are new to 1.2.3

the traktor bible has an update pdf on using them that is rather useful.

i use them to have my play/pause button blink when track is playing and my cue button blink when it is not.

also use the in loop for led control also.

tons more could be done with these i imagine, in the process of mapping my apc
    I understand that u can have te play button blinking to the beatmarkers, but how will the cue button blink? could you send me ur tks or whatever file it is to save midi-mappings?:P i dont maybe have ur controller, but i can learn from there:P

I am able to have a blinking cue button because the apc has blinking buttons, so i am thinking that if your controller does not then this will not work, but if it does then it should. All these commands use the play/pause modifier

the commands you need to look for in my tsi. (kinda messy) are:
    1. Play/Pause output deck A Channel 1 note G3-modifier value 1-set to play button
    2. Play/Pause output deck A Channel 1 note G3-modifier value 0-set to play button

3. Play/Pause output deck A Channel 2 note G3- modifier value 1-set to cue button and controller blinking led midi value

4. Play/ Pause output deck A Channel 2 note G3-modifier value 0-set to cue button and non blinking led midi value

5. Cue output deck A Channel 2 note G3-modifier value 0 -set to cue and non blinking led--so when pressing cue button light still stays on

Demit, i hoped already that could be done with Traktor, but no, i don't have a blinking led:S

sorry man, i can't think of any other way, but what do i know

Yeah, I was hoping to get blinking LED w/the beat based on the grid. I know there is a way to do it but with 4 decks using Monitor Out I start to get crackles---using an APC40 btw. So I just use the default blink rate of the APC which seems to be clocking around 130-132 BPM. I do however use the Is In Loop for my loop button LED state.

I used to have things set up where my FX buttons just had a mapping for the chained mode and for the advanced mode. So if you were in the wrong mode on of the signals would just get ignored. Now I'm using the modifier conditions so that only one of the actions is taken out. I don't know if it makes any real difference, but I still think it's a nice addition.

Tech Wizard

Ean can you please provide a tutorial video on this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast