Adding more to my midi fighter ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Adding more to my midi fighter ???

Hi guys

I have my midi fighter and would like to add four extra buttons and maybe some joysticks.

I'm not all that savvy about this hardware stuff and I would like to know what that would invovle ???

Would it be a matter of soldering wires to the buttons and then to the digital expansion section then wires from the joysticks to the anolog expansion section or do I need more boards to plug them in

Etc etc any help would be great

Thanks Shannon.

I'm hoping djtt will be posting some instructions on that soon. My guess is it's going to involve soldering wires onto the side of the PCB but I have no clue which wires to solder where....

I'm actually ready to solder wire"s & knobs, I have 5 PMC 07 Vestax knobs brand new in the box ready for my MF. I have a guy at work working on a laser cut top and bottom plate made out of steel just like they do int the custom tour racks. I'm hoping to add three knobs and a fader or hopefully 4 knobs... I have an other good budy who loved to doodle with wood and has a whole work shop, he is willing to make the side panels in any wood of mt choice. The plan is to add 4 inches of with to the top and bottom to add 4 knobs to the left of the arcade button grid, But I need the right solder points... Any help would do.
    Thanks

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Tutorials are coming!

All you will need to add knobs or button is some wire, solder, and a soldering iron.

In brief to add a button, you would solder a wire from one of the expansion pads labeled D1-4 to one terminal on your button and a wire from the other pin to the pad labeled GND.

To add a potentiometer you would solder a wire from the pad labeled 5V to pin 1 of your pot, a wire from one of the expansion pads labeled A1-4 to the 2nd pin of the pot, and finally a wire from the third pin of the pot to the pad labeled GND.

Please note that the analog expansion is not supported in the release firmware but it is easy to update the firmware on the midi fighter, robin has just finished a version of the code in which the analog expansion does work but we do need to test it thoroughly first.

For those interested I am working on a tutorial to allow you to connect an xy pad and two more knobs to the expansion port.

nice... I see Robin got the beta up... time to decide on knobs...

Tech Wizard

I also wonder if it's possible to throw a bluetooth chip onto this thing.
    Just for the hell of it, of course.

Bluetooth, difficult.

A Xbee bridge, definitely possible and will give you point-to-point connections over 100 meters. Programming is just sending a serial data stream to the device (which is exactly how we control the LEDs).

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/pro...oducts_id=8690

Thanks for the help guys, last question, does the Pot need a specific value? Or any pot?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

10 K linear is what ya want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast