The Bridge announced - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Okay I see what you're asking for. Hopefully you get that some way or another if that's what you think will fit your particular style of djing. I am excited about the bridge because I enjoy the aesthetic of djing with both SSL and ableton for different reasons, and, to me, this looks to bring together those features I like quite nicely. I read on the serato bridge page that the the apc40 will integrate well into the serato setup as you can customize your clip launch grid to match that of the apc40 (as well as other controllers).
    15" Macbook Pro D2.6ghz: SSL, 1200's/CDJ 400's, DJM 400 / Ableton Live 8, APC 40.

Tech Guru

Think so..the audio tracks are in Live or vica versa. Like Rewire for these programs.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bgardali View Post
    Okay I see what you're asking for. Hopefully you get that some way or another if that's what you think will fit your particular style of djing. I am excited about the bridge because I enjoy the aesthetic of djing with both SSL and ableton for different reasons, and, to me, this looks to bring together those features I like quite nicely. I read on the serato bridge page that the the apc40 will integrate well into the serato setup as you can customize your clip launch grid to match that of the apc40 (as well as other controllers).
    Awesome, thanks for confirming that

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    This will make Traktor look like a toy in time.
    I highly doubt that. I think this could open a lot of doors, but I think that the team at NI aren't exactly sitting on their laurels, waiting for something bigger to come along.

While this could be a powerful option for Serato/Ableton users, I don't think it'll be a Traktor killer.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by claudek View Post
    This will make Traktor look like a toy in time.
    Explain? it just seems to me if two companies combine forces, people jump on the bangwagon and get all excited. theres nothin new in what there doing really.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I highly doubt that. I think this could open a lot of doors, but I think that the team at NI aren't exactly sitting on their laurels, waiting for something bigger to come along.

While this could be a powerful option for Serato/Ableton users, I don't think it'll be a Traktor killer.
    Watch, NI turns around and develops a DJ plugin for Ableton lol. Oh lord the mayhem that would arise from that competition.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think NI is going to develop their own DAW before they go with Ableton. Hell, at this point, between Kore, Maschine, Komplete, Traktor, the Audio Kontrol and Guitar Rig it's not that hard to imagine.

Keep in mind I have absolutely no insider information, but it's just a guess. I mean, it seems to be the way this is all going. And it would be EPIC.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

That's a great point actually, they should develop a suite which encompasses all those things together into one tabbed DAW. Or maybe just script up an interface which does that with pre-installed instances of their software.

I sure as hell would love to use a Maschine in that type of setting

hmmm looks interesting.... but doesn't torq already have this.. are those clips synced to both decks ? i mean torq u got the sampler right... u get a loop and sync's to the deck.... here u got clips like 6 of em on each rack looks interesting i gotta see a video of this..

what i was expecting.. maybe was like a beat maker inside of serato but eh that be dope though a dvs/beatmaker program all in one.. record sample it slice the shit out of it.. play it... type stuff.. I'll have to wait an see plus I think it would be to much for the comp to handle ?? haha

problem now is for foos that don't own ableton we would have to buy.. i got more tripped out watching the 2.0 update than this... maybe cuz I haven't seen a video yet...
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Wizard

Am I the only one that sees this as further bridging the gap between vinyl dj & digital dj into one multitasking situation to which you don't have to decide on which you'd rather be because you can now learn both in one situation, maybe I'm just ill informed and this really isn't a big thing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast