Soundcards.. once again - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Julio View Post
    Presonus Firebox is very good for the price... However.. if price is not a real issue.. Id recommend the MOTU Ultralite(
    <<Of course the price range is minimum, something like 200-300. >>
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Well i know the bcd3000 isn't the hippest or best machine on the market. But i just bought it like a year ago when i started playing around and then there came better gigs and bigger places.
    I've never had any problem with the sound quality though. I bet it can be better but i have never had anyone come up to me and say "Hey dude, the sounds seriously sucks" And normally people come and share their opinions with me.
    The firebox looks good, and it's not that expensive. I might look into that. But like i said, with newly purchased KRK's, uc-33 and Sennheiser hd-25 II i'll need to take a serious look at my budget before spending on a soundcard(and a new mixer).

If you're just playing house parties, I'd say sure, stick with the BCD3000. If you're playing anything bigger, I would get a dedicated soundcard. You will hear the difference right away. Behringer's audio quality if purest shit. (Sure, it's my opinion, but I'm not exactly a lone voice crying in the wilderness about their low-grade components.)
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Yeah, i'm working on it.. it's just expensive.. playing 3rd of october.. better get my gear figured out before that.

i have had a m-audio sonica theater 4-5 years. even though i use a pc i goto mac stores to look for peripherals cus they never sell anything janky. the price back then was aprox 200$ U.S..
    the only issues i ever had w/ it was when i was using a usb2.0 pcma card. i went through 3 diff pcma cards to find out they all used the same crappy internal chips that had no documentation,support & were hard to find proper drivers for. stay away from any that use the internal chips by "ALI"
    my choice is kinda outdated know but that long ago there were not many choices for a laptop back then.
    just remember that some peripherals refuse to work w/usb hubs or refuse unless external power is hooked up on the hub.
    it also helps to use the same items on the same usb ports every time or you end up having the system reinstall the drivers & such.

Ok so i found this:

"The FireBox features a Zero-Latency DSP mixer that allows you to mix all six live inputs with a software output stream, then route that mix to any one of its outputs, as well as assign either that mix or a software output stream to its headphone amplifier. This feature eliminates monitoring through the computer and makes it easy to customize a mix for the artist. It also allows CUEING for DJ’s and live performance where the headphone output can monitor a completely different signal than the MAIN outputs"

Does this mean that i can send the monitor signal straight from Traktor to the headphone output on the soundcard? Or is it only through that mixer? Anybody that has experience of that?

Quote Originally Posted by 2left2right View Post
    Ok so i found this:

"The FireBox features a Zero-Latency DSP mixer that allows you to mix all six live inputs with a software output stream, then route that mix to any one of its outputs, as well as assign either that mix or a software output stream to its headphone amplifier. This feature eliminates monitoring through the computer and makes it easy to customize a mix for the artist. It also allows CUEING for DJ’s and live performance where the headphone output can monitor a completely different signal than the MAIN outputs"

Does this mean that i can send the monitor signal straight from Traktor to the headphone output on the soundcard? Or is it only through that mixer? Anybody that has experience of that?
    You need to set what output is being monitored on the soundcard mixer, then select this same channel in for the monitor on the software you are using.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12