Every Dj Needs a Website! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Weezi View Post
    Yeah, I was referring to this in my above statement. Adobe & Google really started working together to make flash more indexable in SEO, all text is now rendered ( if your programmer knows what hes doing ) into searchable content. Really the whole issue about people fearing flash is alittle over exaggerated now, also there were always ways around the difficulties created by flash, you can index your page with HTML content behind the flash content which will never be seen by anyone but search bots, this helps to index your page as long as the words provided are also in your website. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea, flash can be just as SEO friendly as HTML/CSS
    So I guess the only question left for me now is whether or not it's the same price to get someone to design a site either in flash, or in HTML?

If that's the case, I"ll call my designer right now and discuss changing the site.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    That's news to me!

So is flash just as good, or almost as good as HTML when it comes to SEO?

I can barely afford an HTML website, so I a flash website is pretty much out of the question for me anyway, but I'm still curious.
    There's still a (big) difference but Flash is getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I can't think of a single website where they asked the user if they wanted to hear music.

Any website i've seen for DJ's, whether mobile, or club DJ, always has music playing when you logon. Same with photographers.

I find it a little bizarre that someone on a forum such as this would say they want the option to hear music or not when they go to another DJ's website.

I feel like music is the second most important factor in a DJ's website, the first most important factor being the look of course.
    I am not the only one who thinks like this, trust me. If I'm listening MY music (you're talking about the second most important factor right?) then I don't want ANYONE to interrupt that. Music is okay, but you should leave to option to turn it on / off. (and should be turned off normally)

But hey, it is your 10 megabytes of space on the interwebz, use it the way u want it.

(and eeeer, the most important thing is the info on it, isn't it?)

Tech Wizard

Well these are two separate beasts, I think people get confused with web design because they assume that its all one profession and web designer would typically know how to design or program anything.
    The problem I often run into is that the variet in languages & skills is so broad that one person can't often know how to perform every designing task. Which brings up another thing, theres a web designer who creates the aesthetic feel to a site, and then there is the web programmer who handles all the back end coding to make the functionality work correctly - these are two vastly different things as a creative artist usually doesn't think in the same mathematical terms of a programmer, granted alot of designers have had to bridge the gap and learn both, myself included.
    So in terms of flash / HTML:CSS sites, one designer typically chooses which he learns and specializes in, I can see both being equal in price, I think the quality and price range is more about the skills of the designer not the language with which he's working in. However I can see the issue of there are more CSS programmers than flash programmers making flash end up more "pricey," but really thats all a part of searching for what you want and finding someone who can dot hat for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dacuba View Post
    There's still a (big) difference but Flash is getting there.

I am not the only one who thinks like this, trust me. If I'm listening MY music (you're talking about the second most important factor right?) then I don't want ANYONE to interrupt that. Music is okay, but you should leave to option to turn it on / off. (and should be turned off normally)

But hey, it is your 10 megabytes of space on the interwebz, use it the way u want it.

(and eeeer, the most important thing is the info on it, isn't it?)
    Perhaps...But neither the content or design, are very useful without the other.

I guess when I said that I was only thinking about aesthetics.

NB You don't necessarily need a designer. Installing wordpress is easy if you host your domain with someone like bluehost. They have one click install.

Then its just find a theme that you like. Tweaking themes is pretty easy too, you don't need much if any html or css knowledgs.

The back end of wordpress is about as simple as the back end of myspace or facebook... well a touch more complicated but your building a site you know.

my website is in my signature you can always right click on a website and 'view sourse' then you can see if it a wordpress site and normally what theme is being used.

I hear that on flash having caught up a lot in terms of seo etc. there' even google analytics for flash so that's cool. It's still just a hunch that html pips it all round. Especially as you now have jQuery and Glow etc. Functions a lot like flash but viewable by almost all browser . IE6 etc being buggy etc
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha Solo View Post
    Enjoy, and let me know what u think! Comments and questions are welcome!

SS

Nice site...what the song that plays???

Its something I looped, don't remember!

SS
    2x Technics M5G :: Traktor 3.4/PRO2 :: Vestax VCI-100
    M-Audio Ultra :: Macbook Pro 13" 2010

Tech Wizard

you should get a site on wix its easy to use and its free

so thats www.wix.com

Tech Guru

Im at university doing ethical hacking and computer counter measures. I studies web design as a unit in my college course I did b4 Just so yoU know my background
    First thing i have to get off my cheast NEVER NEVER NEVER play music on start up and deffently dont make it so you cant turn it off.
    Here is some reasons why not

1- I am a busy club promoter with a list of websites of djs. I am on the go on a wireless internet. Your pages takes longer to load as it needs the music before
    it renders the page. I get bored of waiting and go to the next site

2- Im on the website for 5 mins and start to get a headache as your loop gets a bit repeatative so I leave the site before listening to your
    killa mix thats going to get you a job

3- I dont like the song and as its the first thing i hear it gives me a bad impression and generally its downhill from there

4- The music keeps stoping and starting as its trying to load as im on the page

Is flash the way to go. If your planning on using a template no. They look cheap and unproffesional. There are a few good ones out there but your looking at 1k plus for them
    The next thing you need to ask yourself are people going to find my site though a random search or are people going to come because they know my name. Flash is not as good
    in search and it never will be but it has got better. Are programs such as wordpress good to use. HELL YES there is a big community making proffesional looking templates
    for you to use. A bit of basic coding and your away. One word of warning keep your wordpresss updated they are easy to hack but I would not worry to much about that.

Somebody said nobody can have a knolwdge of all the languages needed. They can and if they call themslefs a pro they should. they should no as a minimum
    html CSS PHP Javascript (This will be obsolete soon) actionscript two and three. Somebody with that knowledge should be able to build you a decient site

I personally use html with css and have a few flash buttons and animation with alternataive images as not everybody is able to view flash. I use php for any forms
    or other scripting needs. I stay away from javascript as there are too many security issues.

You want good search results you need people linking to you. The more sites linking to yours the higher your rating. Put your web url with every post on every forum you use it will help

Then metatags Get them in there a good webdesigner should sort this out for you

Ask your webdesigner if they layout sites using tables in html if the answer is yes they are probly rubbish

Ask your webdesigner if they use frames on a regualar bAsis if yes stay away These should be used rarely as dont play nice with google and other search engines

Ask them what version of html they use you are best off with 4 strict not transitional

HTML 5 is coming will your site work. You need a yes if they dont know stay away

There is alot of bad webdesigners out there. But there are some great ones my advice if you can do it yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12