little issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little issue

Default little issue

Hi!
    I just plugged my midi fighter and noticed that one button seem to be stuck. The light is alway open and it doesn't seem to send any message.
    Someone can help me on this?
    thx
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

Tech Wizard

Hey man, I had that one too.
    I unplugged the thing, squeezed the tabs on the button and popped it out.
    It appears that the odd time the prongs casing can recess into the button itself.
    This then makes the button jam, usually in the "on" position.
    A little push should pop the button back into the correct form, assuming there is nothing blocking the bottom.
    Then just plug her back in.

I'd take off the top plate (with the buttons inplace) and see if the light doesn't turn off, and if anything conductive hasn't fallen in and is shorting across the contacts.

If it's clear and the light does go out, suspect the Arcade button. They can be disassembled and you can check the microswitch inside to see if it's sticky. Try using a different button in that switch to check.

If all those fall through, it's a PCB issue.

ok thanx I'm going to investigate further!
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

I tried everything and I think that is a pcb issue... I changed the button and this is alway the same spot that lighting. when all the button are unplugged no light are on.
    what do I do

Tech Convert

not a problem but i figured i'd mention it-

if i leave my fighter plugged in to my usb when i restart my laptop one button sticks on but as soon as the laptop finishes booting up it goes off.

maybe a switch issue?

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes333 View Post
    Hey man, I had that one too.
    It appears that the odd time the prongs casing can recess into the button itself.
    What do you mean by this sorry i'm french and I'm don't sure I understand what prongs casing mean .

Tech Wizard

The area surrounding the connectors on the button, basically, the "male" part of the connection.

it was the button that was causing the problem?

Tech Wizard

Yes.
    The button was stuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast