Ustreaming and mixing live at same time
    Tech Wizard

Default Ustreaming and mixing live at same time

I'm having issues with getting my cam and BCD3000 to work together on Ustream and Traktor 3 LE via a USB hub.

When I just plug the cam into my main USB port on my Acer Aspire 5515 laptop things are fine, but of course then the bcd3000 won't work in the rear usb port.

Then I tried them together through the main USB port via the USB hub and that failed.

I have my power setting on vista to high performance and that didn't help either.

What do you all suggest to fix this issue?

I was thinking I need to get the power cord for my hub to give more juice but I don't know.

Tech Convert

One question, is it safe to assume that the bcd3000 works in the other usb ports on the laptop?
    It would seem that the USB hub isn't providing enough power for all connected devices. You could go ahead and get the power cord for you the USB hub since the recommendation is that you use power cords with usb hubs.
    gear: Pioneer DDJ-SR | HP DV6 | Serato DJ | Traktor Pro 2

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Yeah, definitely try the power cord for the hub first.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Thank you guys. I will get that cord and see if that is the fix. I kind of assumed the power was the problem but I wanted to ask around and make sure. Hopefully this will get me up and running as I need and I will be bringing you guys some dope live Ustream shows.

how can power be the problem if the bcd3j ist externally powered?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I'm thinking that the problem may be that when istalled, the BCD expects to be plugged into the same usb each time. If you are now plugging into a different usb then maybe a fresh install with the BCD plugged into the new location should work.

Good luck

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The way the OP made it sound was that there were other devices plugged into the hub. If there are tons of stuff plugged into everything and the hub isn't externally powered it could screw with everything hooked to the hub.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I just have a cam and the controller plugged into the USB hub. I now have a hub with external power as well, the BCD3000 has its own external power. However, when I go to turn on the bcd3000 to mix the controller won't respond but the traktor 3 le software will. I'm missing something here.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    I'm thinking that the problem may be that when istalled, the BCD expects to be plugged into the same usb each time. If you are now plugging into a different usb then maybe a fresh install with the BCD plugged into the new location should work.

Good luck

You were right. I got a new USB hub with power and what I had to do is hook up the cam to that and plug it into the back side USB port and place the DJ controller back in to the same port I downloaded the the software at and it worked.

I did my first video audio UStream test run tonight.