putting multi ID3 Tags on a 1 track mix?
    Tech Wizard

Default putting multi ID3 Tags on a 1 track mix?

so i have been searching on the net for a while now and cant find anything.

I want to tag my mix so when its playing the track name changes with it.
    Say its an hour long mp3 and the 2nd song starts at 3:22 the name of the track would change to the new name when it gets to that time.

Anyone know how to do this?

im on a mac ppc, but i have a old xp laptop which i can use if there is only programs on pc.

Thanks.

Tech Guru

To my awareness theres no dynamic configuration options for ID3 tagging. The only option I've ever been aware of is either putting the tracklisting inside a field (usually the Comments field) of the mix, or embedding the mix into a video file which has slide changes for each shift in the mix.

I use to do it like that when I streamed stuff off my website back in 1999 via RealPlayer

Tech Wizard

Ok thanks man, i will just put the tracklist in the comments till someone events this.

A few years ago I saw something interesting in a house podcast I tracked with iTunes.
    If you don't mind having the feature locked to itunes (post 4.9) and ipods (I think I noticed that thing playing an episode of that podcast on my mini), then creating an enhanced podcast (<this is a link) could be an option.
    I haven't seen too many since, but I don't use iTunes anymore and hardly follow any podcasts these days -it might be worth a shot though, apparently they still support this.

Another possibility could be shipping a cuesheet with the audio file but support, while available, is not too widespread in the common players (and certainly not in iTunes). You can use that if you wanna backup your mixes to playable CDs though : audio file + cue sheet -> good burning program ->1 CD with track index and possibly usable cd text depending on your burning app + drive

Tech Wizard

Cool, that enhanced podcast looks interesting. gonna look into that in more detail, thanks for that man.