Problem with crossfader VCI-100 + Traktor 3
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Problem with crossfader VCI-100 + Traktor 3

    Hi, i've got a problem with the crossfader with my traktor and my vestax...
    I've too many .tks files but the problem are in all of them, and I think that my crossfader are broken or something like that...
    The problem is :

    Vestax crossfader : A--|----- B
    Traktor crossfader : A----|----B Just in the middle!

    And when i change the crossfader to deck B, the cross in traktor is still in the middle and dont change to deck B untill pass time...

    Traktor : A ----|---- B
    Vestax : A -------|--- B

    Traktor have an option like "crossfader sensibility" or something ?

    Im noob with vestax and traktor, it's my first time with this controller and if anyone can tell me step by step how to configure it well...


    pd. Sorry for my bad english!

  2. #2
    DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Next to a canal in England.
    Posts
    9,028

    Default

    Welcome.

    Sounds like the midi assignment is wrong. Probably set to Relative..?

    The X-Fader assignment is:
    Assignment - Global
    Type of Controller - Fader/Knob
    Interaction Mode - Direct

    Uncheck the rest.

    Your English i fine mate. Dont worry..!

    K

  3. #3
    Tech Guru BradCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazingstoke, UK
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    if i'm reading your diagrams correct, is it the cross fader only moves, all the way left, middle & all the way right in traktor?

    check what karlos has suggested, and it still not working, check the cross fader curve adjust knob on the back of the vci.

    Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

  4. #4

    Default

    take a look

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5043/dibujonc.jpg

    BradCee, i'm from spain and my english are so bad and i can't explain what happens correctly...

    is not what are you telling, the crossfader moves correctly, but when I moves a little in the vestax, in traktor moves more that i moves in vestax and the | of the traktor keeps in the middle though i have the Xfader in other position in the vestax ...
    Last edited by Pacoelflaco; 01-18-2010 at 02:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Tech Guru BradCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazingstoke, UK
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacoelflaco View Post
    is not what are you telling, the crossfader moves correctly, but when I moves a little in the vestax, in traktor moves more that i moves in vestax and the | of the traktor keeps in the middle though i have the Xfader in other position in the vestax ...
    that's pretty much what i mean. have you checked the curve adjust knob on the back of the vci? as your settings appear to be correct.

    try turning the knob (on the back) all the way left and see how that is. if that doesn't work, have you dropped a drink on it?

    Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    that's pretty much what i mean. have you checked the curve adjust knob on the back of the vci? as your settings appear to be correct.

    try turning the knob (on the back) all the way left and see how that is. if that doesn't work, have you dropped a drink on it?

    Tomorrow i'll check the knob, because i've got it in my other house...
    drink on it... dont know, it's a second hand controller... if there's a drink problem... could i repair it?

  7. #7
    Tech Guru BradCee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazingstoke, UK
    Posts
    4,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacoelflaco View Post
    Tomorrow i'll check the knob, because i've got it in my other house...
    drink on it... dont know, it's a second hand controller... if there's a drink problem... could i repair it?
    i think there's an alcoholics anonymous for vci's? lol

    being serious though, it can be cleaned - you'd need to open the vci to do this. leave that as very last thing though, hopefully it can be solved without opening the vci

    Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •