What are using to control 4 decks? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post
    ...I was just wondering what people use to control 4 decks and how they have it set up on a pure midi set up. I want to maybe get a new controller but struggling to see how I'm going to control 4 decks. Obviously people are doing it so if someone could shed some light on the situation that'd be awesome....The only thing on the market with that amount of buttons is the launchpad
    Jazzmutant Lemur isn't everyones solution because it's a grip, but I have also made a 4 deck setup for my padKontrol using Farmpad and Bomes that can basically do everything except EQ and Crossfade on all 4 decks. 4 decks would be simple on the launchpad.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    i had hoped to convince Ean to adopt Bome for his 3.0 mapping. i am willing to put in some time to make this happen on my own, but only if there are other people helping out and more importantly using the end result. any interest in collaborating or are you pretty much set and done with your layout?
    Loved your write up about the 3.0 mapping btw. I have done the same thing as you have by splitting each deck inside bomes and then just importing the master and splitting the controlled deck and the virtual output number.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

well for me its just a vision .. beyond a proof of concept for the "modular" approach, i have not really tried to actually implement this.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Banned

Can some one explain what Bomes is exactly?

Tech Guru

its a light weight programming environment. it accepts all sorts of input (MIDI, keyboard, mouse) and it can output MIDI. this way you can rewrite MIDI messages. you can set internal variables (much more powerful than traktors modifiers), you can also set internal timers that trigger things.

here is an example of using bome to transpose the midi channel of a device:
    http://ifnotwhynot.me/you-win-some-you-loose-some

and here is an example of a fancy timer to make a button blink: http://ifnotwhynot.me/of-downs-and-ups
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

APC40 I use... It's perfect for 4 decks and no shift button!

However, i only have EQ kills and filters. No EQ knobs.

Thats why I'm thinking of getting a UC-33e to sit along side it
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    I just hate having a "shift" button if you will, but if it's working out for you all the better!
    YES!!! This is my problem! Somebody else who shares the same outlook, at last! Does anyone else not want to have to use the shift button?
    This is basically the reason I started this thread. To see how I can work around not having to hold down multiple buttons.
    So I take it when people say they use they left side of the VCI 100 to control decks A & C they are holding down a shift button to control deck C right?

Nephew, how do you operate?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    With how cheap I can get the Nano Kontrols for I just have one for each deck, plus a master one. So for a little over 200 bucks I have all the controls I need vs controls that cost three times that much and you oly get enough to handle two decks on those.

Plus I just added some Akai LPD8's just for the EFX units as they were built specifically with those in mind if you ask me

= p
    The first post after your initial post

= p

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    it can output MIDI
    Wait a sec, it can output midi? So I could have the software talking with the hardware as well?

Tech Wizard

I Have a bcd3000 I repurposed the scratch buttons as modifiers. So I have a separate shift button for each side. I'm thinking that will be a whole lot more usable than just a single shift button. It's just experimental for me at this point as I have not started to mix on 4 decks seriously yet.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast