Post NAMM thoughts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Post NAMM thoughts

Big thanks to everyone that I met at the NAMM show. Especially with everyone that I worked with from the DJTT forums. Mike, Andrew, B33SON, Dj Phaded, Nemonic.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Absolutely. NAMM was a lot of fun and it was great meeting all the DJTT heads out there!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Did anyone see anything they may actually buy ?

I like the new Denon X1600. TSP Certified and only 8 or 900 smackers.

I am in desperate need for a new controller right now and was considering the Vestax TR-1 controller for Traktor Pro. It does not have jog wheels or a crossfader, so that is something that I would have to get used to. Crossfader I can live without, since I'm not really a scratch DJ, but jog wheels are something that I have been accustomed to. So I'm still really on the fence with this controller.

If i were in the market for a mixer, I'd seriously the Denon X1600. Its certainly a solid mixer and at that price point, it should be seriously considered by anyone who needs a 4 ch mixer with full EFX functions similar to the Pioneer DJM-800 (800-900 bucks vs. 1300-1400 is a big difference!).

I also like the Rane 62. Its a solid piece of hardware, but running around 2500-2600 bucks, its also a very expensive one too.

Tech Guru

The American Audio VMS4 looks very nice, but it's priced at 700 USD... if it was 500 USD i would def buy it...

I say that because i dont like on board soundcards competing with midi messages on a single USB Cable, i would use the VMS4 with an external firewire audio interface. The same problem happens with Xone DX (but in this case we are talking about a lot more money :P )

Since i would not use the audio interface and outputs on VMS4, I think the 500USD would be fair.

Tech Guru

I think the street price of the VMS4 is 500 USD. Any cheaper and it would probably be not worth considering.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Default Re: Post NAMM thoughts

Same here, I'm in the market for a new contoller but I did see anything that blew me away. I was impressed with the DJ Tech gear, I was the usolo fx.

To be honest I wish vestax would make a updated version of the VCI100. Something like taking a 100, 300, and TR-1 and putting in one unit.

Tech Guru

vestax would def be the best company to achiev a pro result. I love their hardware, VCI is still the most solid controller out there for me

the v7 is crazy... waiting to see the bridge implemented in itch 2.0 ......
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

I like the new 7 series controller but I need to play with it more to get a real feel for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast