Firmware update - Beta, only for the headstrong.

Default Firmware update - Beta, only for the headstrong.

Just a note to say that we have a new firmware version for the Midifighter available. It's a minor update and without more testing and a detailed set of instructions on how to do the update we're not making a big Song & Dance yet.

If you know how to install and use "Atmel Flip" on Windows, or use the command line tool "dfu-programmer" on Mac/Linux, you can find a new HEX file on our Sourceforge site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/midifighter/files/

Fixed:
    • Analog inputs working correctly (needs better debouncing on slow movements).
    • Higher performance MIDI output, a lot more robust.
    • Correct parsing of MIDI inputs so no messages are lost
    • New bootup key pattern for "factory reset"
    • (minor) USB connection LEDs now visible for a little longer so you can actually see them.
    • (minor) First boot self test only triggered if the EEPROM is zeroed to stop firmware updates and factory resets from triggering it.

Coming soon, a post on "How To Update Your Midifighter Firmware", but I thought I'd get the essentials out there for those who know how.

Tech Student

Default Awesome

Thanks Robin! Analog controls here we come

Are digital in's supported?

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Kev View Post
    Are digital in's supported?
    Yes, they have been from the first firmware.

Hi Folks,

It would be great if the "Factory preset bootup" key combination could be explained here from the ground up. I would need to re-set my unit to default as it has stopped sending midi on Traktor and I presume the midi basenote has changed and I don't quite have a grasp at how to roll it back the way it should be.

Any help would be appreciated. : )

cheers,

Matti

The factory reset is built into the 2010-01-18 firmware. To activate it, hold down the four diagonal keys from bottom left to top right while plugging in the USB cable:

. . . *
    . . * .
    . * . .
    * . . .

This will reset the base note, channel, velocity to their default values and turn off all inputs from the expansion port.

HOWEVER, this feature is only in the new firmware so you'll have to do the complicated firmware update process to get the simple-and-easy reset feature. Yes, I get the irony. We probably need to do a video tutorial and get all MF owners to upgrade, and we should do this when the next batch of fixes are tested.

Default Thanks

Hi Fatlimey,

Thanks for your reply. I would definitely need help with installing the new firmware update. I use Macbook so I would need the step by step guide for installing the Hex File.

Any scheduled due dates for bug-fixes & possible online tutorial ?

Obviously the sooner the better as at the moment my unit is rendered useless.... : (

Many thanks,

matti