Electro-Banger. Robot Dracula (Original)

Default Electro-Banger. Robot Dracula (Original)

hey guys, been hard at work on my first EP. should be out in about 4 months if all goes well. still hoping to catch a break here in SF and find a sweet label that will sign me BUT until then, a guy can only hope people enjoy his tunes.

i've been working on this off and on for about 3 months, and it is absolutely imperative that i get your guys' feedback! i love this community, and without it i would be nowhere close to where i am today in regards to DJ'ing and knowledge of MIDI controllers.

this is what i've got so far, and any feedback of any kind would be stellar. thanks in advance homies!

PS - any questions you have for me feel free to ask, i love explaining / showing people new things so that they can learn, just like i have through great communities like this one. OH, and consider it an electro-opera of sorts

Last edited by eightyseven; 01-21-2010 at 05:23 PM.

All sorts going on in this, great ideas! the end section reminds me of Daft Punk, but with much more dirt

Mixwise it's pretty good, personally I think it's a little too bright (most noticable on the panning fx bits) overall, although the cymbals seem about right.
    More drums! --> I think you can probably turn everything down 2-4db except the main kicks + snares to get them really popping through more

you say there's no samples used in this? fair play that's pretty cool, must of taken forever to create!

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    All sorts going on in this, great ideas! the end section reminds me of Daft Punk, but with much more dirt

Mixwise it's pretty good, personally I think it's a little too bright (most noticable on the panning fx bits) overall, although the cymbals seem about right.
    More drums! --> I think you can probably turn everything down 2-4db except the main kicks + snares to get them really popping through more

you say there's no samples used in this? fair play that's pretty cool, must of taken forever to create!
    yes, it's definitely got a lot going on in it hopefully not too much for people's liking. and the end reminding you of Daft Punk, well that's just a great compliment, so thank you! i spent a lot of time shreddin' out those keys, i'm glad you liked what i have so far.

mixwise, the mastering isn't completely done, but it's fairly close to where i want it. i've tinkered with the drums volume-wise, and are possibly not quite where i want them - we'll see. i work on KRK Rokkit 6's, and i must say, thank god for monitors, hahaha.

no samples used at all, besides the drum-samples used. definitely has taken a long time to make, but i like to know that i've programmed all the synths, automation, etc. myself... maybe that's a bit weird? haha.

keep the comments coming, and thanks for the tips rjw!

I really like this style of Electro and I know it's quite hard to reproduce it that well. Good job!

It might be nice to have another longer breakdown like the one you had at around 2.38. For example with a organ solo :-D

Reminds me a lot of Boys Noize or Bag Raiders and I guess you probably aimed for a very similar sound, right?

Tech Mentor

wow, def. need a 320 when you're ready!

Quote Originally Posted by kreativiTit View Post
    I really like this style of Electro and I know it's quite hard to reproduce it that well. Good job!

It might be nice to have another longer breakdown like the one you had at around 2.38. For example with a organ solo :-D

Reminds me a lot of Boys Noize or Bag Raiders and I guess you probably aimed for a very similar sound, right?
    yeah it definitely takes a LOT of time and effort, especially when you don't sample anything (except resampling the stuff you've created from scratch, of course ). organ is a great idea! i'll definitely keep that in mind on the second breakdown, especially since it's quite Dracula-ish, whatever that means hahaha.

and yes, boys noize is definitely one of my big influences, glad you caught that. bag raiders are rad as shit too, but not so much an influence. probably just coincidence if it sounds like them my influences really come from everywhere from classic rock, hip-hop, electronic, and classical compositions (i'm a classically trained pianist)... kinda' all over the charts.

thanks for the comments so far guys, they've been great! keep 'em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisJ View Post
    wow, def. need a 320 when you're ready!
    of course!

Any more comments? Sure did get quite a few plays Could always use more critiques and suggestions!