Where do you find your new songs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I search for new music in a variety of places..mostly just slog through tracks at beatport, but also listening to sets with track lists like radio one, or here, and occasionally from the music channels on XM and cable.

I've been thinking about starting a similar thread to this. I want Organize a djtt "track of the month" list, where everyone puts a good new find up for each month.

What do you think?

Tech Guru

Good idea.

For electro I just hit the blogs.

discodust
    palmsout sounds
    iheartcomix
    bigstereo
    missingtoof
    YCCM-Pelski

...etcetcetctectetctectetctece

DnB/Dubstep, I mostly use beatport, music-wiki and rapidsearch.

I also use a supersecret * 42 music library, has lots of allsorts, but not heaps of dance.

I like the idea of a list where people post thier top few tracks of the moment on rapidshare or something.

I recently also got introduced to playlists.com, Your only a good DJ when you find out what other people like too!

but as seeing my first post didnt stick(database issues)...
    I normaly get my new music from my college radio station and beatport
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

For the hard industrial/powernoise stuff I sift through a lot of LJ communities, and emusic references. also other DJs and mixes.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I still hit the local record stores here in L.A. (exodus, amoeba, etc), for digital format I goto beatport to see what's new.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

other dj mixes, when i am bored myspace, i also listen to pandora.com if i hear a track i like i just write the name down and the artist. and a few other places i can't name on here.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    I like the idea of a list where people post thier top few tracks of the moment on rapidshare or something.
    Only problem with that is that it would be breaching copyright restrictions.

i tend to play older classic pop tracks so if i want something newer i put a couple tracks that i deft want to play & put them into pandora & see what comes up & then use the link to buy from amazon. but i pick alot of my tracks by listening to the intro or breakdowns to see if they will loop well. that is where i focus on my mixing. the main part of the track is the part that i don't worry about as much being that is what is playing while i'm cueing up the next track or setting up what i'm going to be doing on the next track.
    also to get new tracks i listen & deconstruc everything i hear in my head from different sources.
    an example is a geico commercial where the caveman is @ the airport a musak version of Royksopp - Remind Me is playing & i liked the melody. i found out the the original track wich turned me onto Royskopp. i don't use that actual track cus it is too housey for what i do but their track Royksopp - Eple has the old school hiphop beat feeling that i like but it has a fresh melody.
    so also checking other music from artists that you like but normally wouldn't play can help. most artists release different tempos of music on a lp.
    so i would say keep your mind open, ear to the ground, & dare to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Only problem with that is that it would be breaching copyright restrictions.
    Ya, I was thinking more along the lines of posting the artist and title of a good new track every first of the month or something.. Then, we could all check them out at our leisure. By em, if we want em, etc, etc, etc..

- just an idea for a new avenue of finding our bangers

I would be down for that, but how would be manage it. Just Post after post?
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast